Thread 1 Sigabrt

So, I got a thread 1 sigabrt error in my app delegate file. My code is all swift, no Ob-C, and when I was checking what the debugger editor was telling me, I recieved this.

2015-07-26 16:27:44.121 AH[1546:223192] *** Assertion failure in -[UIStoryboard initWithBundle:storyboardFileName:identifierToNibNameMap:identifierToExternalStoryboardReferenceMap:designatedEntryPointIdentifier:], /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/UIKit_Sim/UIKit-3486.4/UIStoryboard.m:63

I'm a bit confused, all I can tell from that is that it's in the storyboard. What should I do to fix this error?

Accepted Reply

Thank you to everyone who posted, but after more running of the code, I got this error: Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'Invalid parameter not satisfying: nibNameMap != nil', and I looked it up, and found someone had the same problem. Turns out, I didn't set an intial view controller, so it didn't know where to go. Once again, thank you for all your help!

Replies

I think there's something in your nib/storyboard that is referencing something—a class, outlet, etc.—that no longer exists in the code and/or libraries. One possible cause is using an OS X storyboard on iOS, but if that isn't the problem, then there's probably something more subtly wrong with the storyboard's Info.plist, perhaps caused by renaming your main app delegate class or something.

Use Xcode's Product menu, then, with the option key pressed, select 'Clean Build Folder'. Confirm no errors in the navigator and go again.

Thank you to everyone who posted, but after more running of the code, I got this error: Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'Invalid parameter not satisfying: nibNameMap != nil', and I looked it up, and found someone had the same problem. Turns out, I didn't set an intial view controller, so it didn't know where to go. Once again, thank you for all your help!