Does Xcode's formatting still support doxygen comments

I have not found any official documentation that Xcode's formatting is supporting Doxygen comments. In the past Xcode's formatting seems to have worked but with Xcode 11 comment formatting (highlighting) is broken at several places. Therefore, does Xcode support Doxygen comments?

Replies

It does. The only issue I've found is with multi-line member comments in the following format.

shared_ptr MyInt; /**< This is a member comment. */

There are lots of problems with Doxygen comments. Besides Doxygen I think the whole highlighting (besides reserved keywords) and indentation is broken in Xcode 11. In one evening I have submitted eight bug reports. There are a lot more but I just stopped reporting, it is hopeless (rant off).

BTW: I did not report this one but this is also broken:

double value; ///< This is a value (look at the fading!)

I tested and it works (XCode 11).

/**

Some text which may be very long and wraps on 2 lines if needed

*/

I have to write it just before the func or var declaration.

Effectively, you can have only a single line of text (no line feed in the comment), but a very long text will wrap automatically on several lines.

Are you responding to my example? Your example does not have anything to do with what I wrote.

double value; ///< This is a value (look at the fading!)

If I put the code as shown above into a C++ file (header file with ending .hpp) only "///" is faded, the '<' is not faded. This looks really strange and does not make much sense.

I just commented on "Does Xcode's formatting still support doxygen comments"

Are you responding to my example? Your example does not have anything to do with what I wrote.

And also tried to answer to your question (tested on XCode 11 / Swift code):

/// after the declaration does not work

But

/**< This is a value (look at the fading!) */

Works

In addition:

///< This is a value (look at the fading!)

Fading works according to the XCode preferences.

Text Editing

select Fade doc comments markup delimiters

Have you checked those preferences ?

Yes, otherwise I would not see any fading.

Is there another way to use Doxygen on the code generated in Xcode? Up to this time, I have been downloading Doxygen from doxygen.nl and running it myself. Is there an Apple document that describes auto documenters (HeaderDoc Doxygen, etc.) with Objective-C/Cocoa? From the comments, I'm not sure if I should be using a modified Apple specific version of Doxygen.