iOS 13 - per app language selection not appear when no preferred language added in general system language & region settings.

Hello,

My app is adapting the per app language support in iOS3 and I aware in one of the case when the device don't have any preferred language added inside the Systems -> General -> Language & Region, the per app settings page will not display the"Preferred Language" entry which mean user cannot change to other supported languages from there.

Is there any future plan from Apple to display "Preferred Language" in the per app settings pag even there is no perferred language added in general language & region page?

Thanks

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of depeche Down vote post of depeche
2.9k views

Replies

Is there any future plan from Apple to display "Preferred Language" in the per app settings pag even there is no perferred language added in general language & region page?

I can’t comment on The Future™. If you’d like to see this change, I encourage you to file an enhancement request explaining your rationale. Please post your bug number, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Hello,
Can you please answer for first paragraph?

I don't understand why is it so necessary to add multiple preferred language to show per app language setting? I am very frustrated by this setting, users are very confused.

Thank you,

Regards,

Piyush

I don't understand why is it so necessary to add multiple preferred language to show per app language setting?

Because that’s the way Apple chose to design this. I’m not able to comment on the internal design process that lead to that decision (in this specific case I just don’t know but, even if I did know, I wouldn’t be able to comment). If you feel that this design could be better, the best way to get that feedback in front of the folks who made this decision is to file a bug report.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

For information, I filed an improvement request with use cases some time ago.

Feedback as duplicate, and closed.

Allowing to change language setting from within an app 37636544

Feb 17, 2018 at 5:15 PM – FB5433678