IOS13 VoIP and CallKit

I'm using pushkit voip notifications to alert the users of my app when someone rings an intercom.

The flow would go like this, someone would ring the intercom and it would send a voip notification to the users telling them "You have guests at your door", which after clicking the notification banner would send them to the intercom page consisting of a live camera feed with 1 button to take the SIP VoIp call and 1 button to open the door.

But now on IOS13 it will crash my app because I'm not using callkit.

The reason I'm not using callkit is because I want the user to be able to view the live video from the camera, before taking the call. More often than not depending on who they see in the camera the users won't even take the call, they will just press the button to open the door and close the app.

How do I go about adapting this to IOS13 now, I need the notifications to have a similar priority to voip since they are essentially communicating a voip call anyway as you can see explained above.

Replies

Hi @tar rocha,

The callkit is disaster, however one work around could be to show reportNewIncomingCallWithUUID and then dismiss it...

Have you tried it? How it looks? The user will see the call failure screen?