Xcode 11 Application Loader Missing - How to upload command-line built IPA?

Now that Application Loader is gone forever apparently, how can I upload an IPA to App Store Conenct that was built on the command line?

Pre Xcode 11 iOS Release Process

1. I build release and create archive on a Jenkins CI server using command line xcodebuild scripts
  2. I download the resulting IPA package from the build server.
  3. After testing the build, I use Xcode Application Loader to upload IPA to App Store Connect

The Xcode 11 Organizer has no way to validate or upload and archive that was not built using the command line.

For now I have copied Application Loader from Xcode 10 \Conetnts\Applications\ but I expect this may break some day soon.

What are alternatives to Application Loader to upload IPA to App Store Connect

Thanks in advance,

-Ed

Replies

According to the Xcode 11 Release Notes, you can use "xcodebuild", or "xcrun altool" from the command line.

I have the same problem, and I beleive it will be possible to automate the upload process in our mobile CI pipeline using the altool.exe command line utility, as described in this post: Application Loader has disappeared.

For a manual (non-automated) process, you may be able to use this: Upload an app to App Store Connect.... although I'm not sure whether apps built using the command line utility will appear in Xcode archives.

Try Transporter:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/transporter/id1450874784?mt=12