NFCTagReaderSession and Mifare Classic chips

Hi,

Has anyone encountered this problem?

- NFC Chip we use : NXP Mifare Classic 1k with a NDEF record.

- With the NFCNDEFReaderSession class, no problem to detect the NFC chip.

- With the NFCTagReaderSession class, no reaction, the popup show up but nothing happen.

- The NFCTagReaderSession works well with Mifare Ultralight, NTAG21x, and more, the problem is specific to Mifare Classic chips.

I don't understand why as my polling options are correct.

readerSession = NFCTagReaderSession(pollingOption: [.iso14443, .iso15693, .iso18092], delegate: self, queue: nil);

Seems like the Mifare Classic chips are not compatible with the NFCTagReaderSession class.

If someone can help us, it's would be great 🙂

Have a great day.

Best.

Julien.

Replies

How do you get a NFCTagReaderSession? (i.e.: Phone type / tag content / anything additional to the basic NFC entitlements)

I'm trying to establish a session with my iPhone 7 and don't get an callback for any of the .iso14443 tags (Mifare Classic / UL / NTAG) or iCode @ .iso15693 on my desk - regardless if they are empty, loaded with sample data, ...

At least to some I can connect with a NDEFReaderSession.

Regarding your pollingOptions: I get the "scanning" sheet only if the the options just contain one of the comm standards - I guess the NFC chip on that phone can only listen with one of the carrier frequencies at a time.

Hi Julien,

We have the same issue. NFCNDEFReaderSession can read Mifare Classic 1k, however the new NFCTagReaderSession cannot.

Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

Thanks
I’m going to recommend that you start a new thread here, making sure to:
  • Tag it with Core NFC

• Referencing this old thread

It’s unlikely that any NFC experts will see this thread with its current tags )-: I tried changing the tags but that’s not working for some reason (r. 65124359).

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"