iOS13 - data not displayed in Today widget and Notification extensions

I have an iOS app that has a Today Widget and a Notification extensions The app was built using iOS12 SDK and when running the app on an iPhone with iOS12, both extensions work fine. When downloading the app from the Store to an iPhone that is running iOS13, both extensions do not show any data (Widget shows "Unable to Load").

When using Xcode 11 and iOS13 SDK, building the app on an iPhone with iOS13, still both extensions do not show any data. I have tried to add a new Today Widget without adding any code to the swift file or the Storyboard that were created and still see "Unable to Load".

Creating A new app with only a Today Widget, work fine

Does anyone have this issue? Any idea how to solve it?

Thanks

Replies

Did you ever solve this?

I am having the same issue trying to show a list of elements in the today widget. As weird as it may be, if I launch the app twice from Xcode then the widget get populated. but it's the only way I have. otherwise it shows an empty list. And trying to attach the debugger to a today widget show nothing in the terminal....
I've noticed that I' am fetching data from core data that is stored in the right shared group folder. However despite enforcing a non temporary ManagedObjectID, when I launch the app twice from Xcode I notice that the managedObjectID I use to fetch the data is the same as the one in the app. But when launched the first time, the managedObjectId is different. But it's the exacte same method using the exacte same function calling the exact same managedObjectContext that is called that has the same persistentStore in the end.