Testing receipt validation - how to get test receipt

Hello,

Been run around in circles with Apple support on what I thought was a simple question.

I'm trying to finish a MacOS app that will be a paid app on the AppStore. (not IAP).

I know I need to validate the purchase receipt that will be attached when the product is delivered to a purchaser. But how to I get a purchase receipt to develop my code around and to test with, short of publishing the app and just hoping it will work, then buying a copy?

I asked Apple support, and was actually told that it is simply not possible to test receipt validation. That can't be right (or if it is, it's crazy.)

Complicating this, the app is written with Delphi FireMonkey, so if there is a simple XCode procedure, I probably can't get to it.

Thanks so much for any help you can provide.

Scott

Postage Saver Software

Accepted Reply

In that example, there is no scheme that allows the dev to participate in the billing process. Apple is responsible for validating the purchase, not the dev. It's not crazy to shield that part of the process, and one of the user benefits that comes from being an Apple customer.

Perhaps if you detailed your 'validate the purchase receipt' motive(s), such as trying to thwart theft, harvest user personal data, etc., someone could suggest authorized DIY means.

Replies

In that example, there is no scheme that allows the dev to participate in the billing process. Apple is responsible for validating the purchase, not the dev. It's not crazy to shield that part of the process, and one of the user benefits that comes from being an Apple customer.

Perhaps if you detailed your 'validate the purchase receipt' motive(s), such as trying to thwart theft, harvest user personal data, etc., someone could suggest authorized DIY means.