App Name Dispute Process Timeframe

We're developing a new app and received a message saying the app name is already in use. We have it trademarked and have filed with the dispute form and would like to know if there is anything else we can do to expedite the process and how long this typically takes?

Accepted Reply

Thank you for your response. I submitted the claim on Monday morning and it just got approved today (Wednesday), so the process for us took 2 days. They responded with the following: "You should now be able to claim the following app name in App Store Connect, and we encourage you to do so at your earliest convenience"

When I talked with them on the phone I was told it could take a couple of days or it could take a couple of weeks depending on what status the app is in and who has the name. Fortunately for us it wasn't long.

Replies

Thank you for your response. I submitted the claim on Monday morning and it just got approved today (Wednesday), so the process for us took 2 days. They responded with the following: "You should now be able to claim the following app name in App Store Connect, and we encourage you to do so at your earliest convenience"

When I talked with them on the phone I was told it could take a couple of days or it could take a couple of weeks depending on what status the app is in and who has the name. Fortunately for us it wasn't long.