Documents folder not accessible via network share

I'm running into a problem accessing the Documents folder in my home directory on a system running Catalina Beta from another system running Mojave. My home directory is shared on the Catalina machine; if access that share from the Mojave system and browse into the Documents folder, it shows no files. If I attempt to copy a file to that folder I get the error "Items can't be copied to "Documents" because you don't have permission to read them". I get the same error for the Desktop and Downloads folders as well. No issues with other folders in the home directory.

I've tried altering permissions on the Documents folder to allow all access from everyone, but get the same results. I have no issues accessing the Documents folder locally on the Catalina system. And I can access other folders in my home directory via the same network share (except Desktop and Downloads). I know security for the Desktop, Documents, and Downloads folders has changed in Catalina, and this clearly seems related to that. Anybody else running into this issue, and if so is there a way around it? Thanks.