How do I recover iOS 13 simulators if they disappear?

I had the latest XCode 11 beta installed side by side with the XCode 11 GM (first), but was strictly using the GM at this point. Today, I decided to get rid of the beta for good and deleted it, but it seems to have taken all of the iOS 13 simulators with it. I've tried reinstalling GM 1 and 2, but neither action has brought back the simulators.

When attempting to run my code on an iOS 13 simulator, I get "The iOS 13 simulator runtime is not available."

Details:

When I go to XCode > Preferences > Components, no iOS 13 simulator is listed:

When I try to add an iOS simulator manually via XCode > Devices and Simulators, I get "The operation couldn't be completed. Invalid argument"

Accepted Reply

I'm not sure if it was a combination of the two or a simple system restart, but the Command Line Tools in XCode > Preferences > Locations was unset (setting it didn't fix anything), but a restart fixed it all for sure.

Replies

I'm not sure if it was a combination of the two or a simple system restart, but the Command Line Tools in XCode > Preferences > Locations was unset (setting it didn't fix anything), but a restart fixed it all for sure.