0 Replies
      Latest reply on Sep 16, 2019 9:31 AM by chps67
      chps67 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi all,

I'm having trouble in trying to access the content of a sprite kit particle file in a way that conforms with the recent deprecation of several functions in NSKeyedArchiver.

Briefly, my project contains a file named "ParticleSmoke.sks", which I used to access easily with the following lines of code:

NSString *smokePath = [[NSBundle mainBundle] pathForResource:@"ParticleSmoke" ofType:@"sks"];

SKEmitterNode* smoke = [NSKeyedUnarchiver unarchiveObjectWithFile:smokePath];

now that the unarchiving function has been deprecated, I fail to use the (poorly documented)  unarchivedObjectOfClass function. Especially, the code below returns nil.

NSString *smokePath = [[NSBundle mainBundle] pathForResource:@"ParticleSmoke" ofType:@"sks"];

NSData* smokeData = [NSData dataWithContentsOfFile:smokePath];

NSError* error=nil;

Class cls = [SKEmitterNode class];

SKEmitterNode* smoke = (SKEmitterNode*)[NSKeyedUnarchiver unarchivedObjectOfClass:cls fromData:smokeData error:&error];

Unexpectedly, the content of "error" (code 4864) was

@"NSDebugDescription" : @"value for key 'NS.objects' was of unexpected class 'NSColor'. Allowed classes are '{(\n    SKKeyframeSequence,\n    NSArray,\n    NSNumber,\n    NSMutableArray\n)}'."

Has anyone an idea to fix this issue?

Thanks for your help....