Invalid Bundle Error When App Store Connect Processes Build

I'm getting the following error after my app has processed in AppStore Connect.

"ITMS-90562: Invalid Bundle - The app submission can not be successfully recompiled from bitcode due to missing symbols during linking. You can try to reproduce and diagnose such issues locally by following the instructions from: https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/technotes/tn2432/_index.html"

I did an AdHoc export as the above link recommends and was not able to reproduce the issue. This is with Xcode 10.2 with an app that includes a watch extension and several other extensions. Many previous builds of the app have been submitted successfully. As recently as last week. I even went back to the commit of the last known good submission, increased the build number and uploaded that with the same results. I started seeing this problem on Friday September 13. My instincts are telling me this is most likely a bug with AppStore Connect. Is anyone else experiencing this same problem or have advice about how to work around it?

Replies

My instincts tell me this was likely a bug w/Xcode 10.2 - suggest you move to either 10.3, or 11, being sure to 'clean build folder' before upping again.

Seeing this now. With Xcode 11.7. The app submission can not be successfully recompiled from bitcode due to missing symbols during linking
I'm having the same issue, with Xcode 11.7 on macOS Catalina, doing a simple archive and upload to App Store
Seeing this as well Xcode 11.7 and Catalina
Same here for Xcode 11.5
Same here for xcode 11.3.1 ... same build uploaded fine on on 11th of September 2020
It FINALLY worked for me!

I started to get this error since September 15th, coincidently the day Apple released Xcode 12. No matter which version of Xcode I used (11.7 or 12), and which build I sent, I always got this error after successful upload and during process time. I even tried a build which successfully uploaded and processed to Testflight on September 13th and this also failed.

Well, today I decided to give it a shot and upgrade my Xcode to version 12.0.1, and magically this error stopped happening.