Manny applications for different languages

Hi,

I wonder do I need to change the look of app if I am submiting it again but in diffeernt language for different language/country, or I can just translate the app and upload it again. Also what about name etc. can be same or must be different?

Thanks, G

Replies

Hello grgosan,

It sounds like what you are trying to do (provide multiple translations of your application content) would be better accomplished by localizing a single listing of your application on the App Store. The Apple documentation on how to do this starts at the below web page.

https://developer.apple.com/internationalization/

This WILL NOT have ALL of the information that you need depending on the complexity of your application, and it is also important to acknowledge that the App Store and iOS itself support two different sets of languages with iOS supporting exponentially more languages than the App Store.

Unless you are concerned about using a single application listing on the App Store for difficulties complying with in country requirements (Legal, Regulatory, Privacy, etc.), I would strongly recommend localizing your application and leveraging the localization tools that the App Store Connect portal offers to use a single listing instead of many. The additional overhead just in App Store Review time and negotiations is a very large reason why to only have one listing of your application.

Hopefully this helps!