Catalina Beta 8. The update could not be verified

I tried to update my OS to the last Catalina beta 8. I have Mojave 10.14.6 at the moment

The Mac is enrolled to Apple Beta Software

It finishes downloading and

The update could not be verified

An error occurred while installing the selected updates.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Replies

There are several messages in this forum from users having issues with beta 8 so I've skipped installing it and am waiting for beta 9. I suggest you do likewise.

yeah... nothing i could do. i am trying every day 3-4 times to install but same error.

When the beta 9 will appear?

I have no idea. We are getting close to release so there might not even be one, which is worrying given the issues with beta 8.

-A

i think i can;t install beta7 or lower versions, isnt it?

The thing is that i really need to test my mac apps.

I am not sure. You probably should have split your disk up and multi-booted the beta alongside majove.

Had the same issue, seemed linked to when I did the beta download over a mobile connection, eventually to remove any issues from previous attempts I backed up my data, erased the hard disk, did a clean base install of 10.14.6 then downloaded beta 8 after installing the profile from the developer website over the LAN network connection at work. The file downloaded correctly with no errors. I have experienced this issue with previous beta's but a clean install of mojave then loading the beta over a LAN connection always solved the problem.

what I have found to be the best way is each time a new beta comes out use my main machine running mojave download a full installer create a new usb instaler them do a clean install of catalina on my test machine.