Xcode 10.1 Error when trying to build - Very new to Xcoder

Hello Everyone,

I am just getting started with Xcode and I have run into an issue with my application/game loading to an attached iPad. I exported the game from Construct2 as Cordova. I opened in Xcode and I get an error about Perrmission Denied. I checked several forums and their suggestions did not help so I thought I'd come to the pros.

I am using iMac(2011) with High Sierra(Also I am a new Mac user). 🙂

Any guidance would be great.

thanks,

Rich

Accepted Reply

Had assistance from another forum and found I needed to add. chmod +x to a line in xcode

Go to Build Phase tab for your project

Go to "Copy www directory" and clikck the drop down to show more info if not expanded already.

On the line with the code(mine only had one) add chmod +x in fromnt of the "$srcrooot/...."

That made my error go away. Now on to the next problem. 🙂

• So command should be like,

chmod +x "$srcrooot/...."

That saved my time. Thanks

Add a Comment

Replies

PhaseScriptExecution Copy\ www\ directory /Users/rtk3games/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Quiz_Quest-dlxjkdgdtgwbvvaovahgcutbyhah/Build/Intermediates.noindex/Quiz\ Quest.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/Quiz\ Quest.build/Script-304B58A110DAC018002A0835.sh (in target: Quiz Quest)

cd /Users/rtk3games/Desktop/ios

/bin/sh -c /Users/rtk3games/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Quiz_Quest-dlxjkdgdtgwbvvaovahgcutbyhah/Build/Intermediates.noindex/Quiz\\\ Quest.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/Quiz\\\ Quest.build/Script-304B58A110DAC018002A0835.sh

/Users/rtk3games/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Quiz_Quest-dlxjkdgdtgwbvvaovahgcutbyhah/Build/Intermediates.noindex/Quiz Quest.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/Quiz Quest.build/Script-304B58A110DAC018002A0835.sh: line 2: /Users/rtk3games/Desktop/ios/Quiz Quest/Scripts/copy-www-build-step.sh: Permission denied

Command PhaseScriptExecution failed with a nonzero exit code

Had assistance from another forum and found I needed to add. chmod +x to a line in xcode

Go to Build Phase tab for your project

Go to "Copy www directory" and clikck the drop down to show more info if not expanded already.

On the line with the code(mine only had one) add chmod +x in fromnt of the "$srcrooot/...."

That made my error go away. Now on to the next problem. 🙂

• So command should be like,

chmod +x "$srcrooot/...."

That saved my time. Thanks

Add a Comment