Catalina beta 8 finder issues - cannot move files into a folder

I am having no end of problems with Catalina beta 8; they seem to be moslty finder related. I cannot even use the feedback reporter to report them. It is an "Application not repsonding" state.

I was trying to a move a file from my desktop folder to another folder on the desktop. It is stuck displaying a "Preparing to move..."
message in the file move dialogue box. The file move has slowed Finder right down that is almost unsable. I have relaunch finder to be able to do anything else that requires finder.

Replies

I installed Beta 8 on 11 Sep and it took 10 days for these finder problems to develop.

Currently, any app that attempts to access the finder crashes. Finder crashes if I attempt to move any file. Open some files will result in finder crashing.

Esstentially, Beta 8 became unuseable for me. I will likely downgrade to Mojave tonight since it appears that this issue has been unresovled through multiple beta updates.

At this point it seems that Catalina is going to have some serious growing pains.

The problem stopped happening for me. Eventually, I was able to copy & move files again.