Do you test on watch itself or on simulator ?
Localization is not missing but does not work on simulator.
I use a workaround trick when I need to test:
- first make a complete backup of the project !
- I have files for -en; -de, -fr (for instance) : localizable.strings and interface.strings at least
- for each -en file, I comment out the whole file content and paste at the end the complete copy of the -de file
- then I run and get the -de localization
- once completed, I have jeust a few undo to perform in each -en file
thank you for your effort.
Unfortunately, I am alredy testing both in the simulator and on a device (Series 4). My problem is the same in both instances.
Hm. But thank you for that hint, I will now only test on the watch.
I have an app extension running on watch, localized in french, spanish and english, works OK. So that's probably something in your configuration. Hard to say with information we get.
Have you checked if any of the 2 work:
- interface.strings localization
That's interesting – that you have a working project.
I have made a new project, using the current (first) Xcode 11 GM, this time on macOS Mojave, last time on macOS Catalina, put a label on the canvas, added the localization – and it doesn't work, neither in the simulator (6.0) nor on my physical Watch (5.3.1). I've also put a label on the canvas of the iPhone app, and it's translation does work fine.
Maybe I've made some kind of stupid mistake… I go over it over and over, but I can't find one.
I'm really losing sleep over this.
I have now filed a radar, but I do hope, it's not my mistake.
Could you test on 10.14 and XCode 10 ?
I just tested switching the watch language to spanish. And app is effectively localized on the watch.
Have you a complete sample project you could send me for looking at what is different from what I do in my app ? It is probably some configuration issue.
When you select an interface.strings for a given language, what do you get in File inspector ?
- are all Localization checkboxes checked, including Base.
- is "myApp Watch" checked (not "myApp Watch Extension" in Target membership
When you select an Localizable.strings for a given language, what do you get in File inspector ?
- are all Localization checkboxes checked (here, no Base).
- is "myApp Watch Extension" checked (not "myApp Watch") in Target membership
Compared to what you show, I have created files for the base (english) language as well
Yes, they are checked in the way you describe it.
I have no idea why it's not working.
If you provide an address we could exchange by mail the complete project sample.