No Such Module - 'WatchKit'

Hi,

I am trying to comple an app in the GM version of Xcode.

I have a standard iOS app, and a Watch App. included. When I compile it, I get two errors:

- WatchKit is not available when building for iOS Simulator.

- No such Module, WatchKit in AppDelegate.swift.

I got these during the Beta, but I still have these errors.

Thanks,

Accepted Reply

The Xcode 11 release notes have including somethinig like this (taken from Xcode 11 GM) throught the entire beta cycle:

" The WatchKit framework is no longer included in the iOS SDK. If you’re using WatchKit APIs from iOS, you need to remove this use. The WatchKit framework remains available on watchOS. If you’re using WatchKit APIs from iOS to infer availability of features on the paired Apple Watch, include information about your use case when you submit feedback to Feedback Assistant. (49707950)"

It looks like your iOS AppDelegate.swift is trying to import WatchKit. That is not allowed.

Replies

The Xcode 11 release notes have including somethinig like this (taken from Xcode 11 GM) throught the entire beta cycle:

" The WatchKit framework is no longer included in the iOS SDK. If you’re using WatchKit APIs from iOS, you need to remove this use. The WatchKit framework remains available on watchOS. If you’re using WatchKit APIs from iOS to infer availability of features on the paired Apple Watch, include information about your use case when you submit feedback to Feedback Assistant. (49707950)"

It looks like your iOS AppDelegate.swift is trying to import WatchKit. That is not allowed.

Thank you.