3 Replies
      Latest reply on Sep 11, 2019 1:01 PM by edford
      iphonegamedeveloper Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I am loooking for architecture diagram on how on demand resource works and wanted to know how to host the images/assets in the appstore to download the content on demand.

I believe app need to specify the server where images are hosted and Apple will download on behalf of the developer and it can be accessed through beginAccessingResourcesWithCompletionHandler . If its true, what if the individual developer doesn't have a server/cloud storage.

• Re: On Demand Resource
          KMT Level 9 Level 9 (14,695 points)

>I am loooking for architecture diagram on how on demand resource works

See Setting Up On-Demand Resources Fig. 1-3, 'on demand resource life cycle'

• Re: On Demand Resource
              iphonegamedeveloper Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thank you. I read that documen before posting this questions. I wanted to know more about this line "One or more of the asset packs for the tags are hosted on the App Store" . I believe .plist file(AssetPackManifest)wihich contains tags will be hosted in the appstore, not the actual content.

So If my understanding is correct, this will be the wrok flow to fetch the assets .

App <-> Appstore <-> developer's cloud/server(where assets are hosted).

I wanted to who will host the assets (Appstore or developer).