App in Simulator Freezes When Tapping on UITextField

I have authored this library and have noticed that if I run the sample project (macOS 10.14.6 running Xcode 11 beta 6), click on the top row named STATextField and then tap on any of the text fields the app merely freezes without logging anything to concole or activating the debugger.

If you want to try this issue for yourself that would be recommended but I would advise changing

showBackForwardToolBar = YES;

to

showBackForwardToolBar = NO;

within SampleSTATextFieldController's viewDidAppear method.

If you want to enable verbose logging for the project change

#define STACONTROLS_DEBUG 0

to

#define STACONTROLS_DEBUG 1

within STACommon.h.

I am at a loss as to what could be the culprit...

Accepted Reply

I experienced this as well a few days ago. Killing the simulator and re-building resolved it for me.

I'd like to know the root cause as well.

Replies

I experienced this as well a few days ago. Killing the simulator and re-building resolved it for me.

I'd like to know the root cause as well.

Wow, I cleaned and rebuilt but didn't think to kill and restart the simulator... That fixed it for me as well thanks!

I have also experienced this randomly and I do not use that library. Xcode 11 betas and GM. Unable to figure out the reason and doesn't appear to happen on actual devices from my testing, although still has me concerned.

This happens to me as well, and I've noticed it only happens if I put my laptop to sleep and then wake up back up. Anytime I am running the simulator and close my Macbook, if I click on a text field afterwards, the app will freeze. Quitting and re-opening simulator resolves the issue.