88 Replies
      Latest reply on Oct 9, 2019 6:23 PM by Richiekul085
      yakiyama Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I just upgraded to beta 8 and FCPX is crashed whenever I open the app. I tested with empty library but it's same. Reinstalling the app isn't work. Here is the head of crash log. Anybody had same issue?

```

Process:               Final Cut Pro [856]

Path:                  /Applications/Final Cut Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/Final Cut Pro

Identifier:            com.apple.FinalCut

Version:               10.4.6 (342230)

Build Info:            ProEditor-34223000026000000~1

App Item ID:           424389933

App External ID:       830604740

Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process:        ??? [1]

Responsible:           Final Cut Pro [856]

User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2019-09-10 23:54:02.254 -0700

OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.15 (19A558d)

Report Version:        12

Bridge OS Version:     4.0 (17P50553c)

Anonymous UUID:        F51328D8-177B-E31D-09AA-85094C0CFB4E

Sleep/Wake UUID:       C3595477-D6FA-414D-A052-5DCCF7E324DE

Time Awake Since Boot: 810 seconds

Time Since Wake:       590 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)

Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason:    LIBSYSTEM, [0x2]

ID   Vend/Dev

9d9e 687f1002

Seconds Ago   ID   Type

1300.0   9d9e Attach

Application Specific Information:

assertion failure: "((void *)0) == tsd->NSCurrentOpenGLContext" -> %lld

—˙ÿíˇˇ

```

• Re: Final Cut Pro X is crashed
          saymon_yzf Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

the same problem ... It turns off itself after 5-20 seconds. Reinstalled both final cut and macos - this did not help (

Dn2927 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Yea I have the same problem too. I'm not entirely sure of the reason, but looking at the NSCurrentOpenGLContext. It would seem like the issue extends from something wrong with OpenGL. Apple is trying to phase out OpenGL for Metal in Catalina (just like 32-bit app support). But the disparity here is that the Final Cut Team at Apple probably hasn't gotten around to updating the Application for Metal. "NSCurrentOpenGLContext", shows this fact. The only thing we can really do is to revert back to Mojave if you have a Time Machine Backup. Or we can wait for an update to ship out with Metal compatibility, which will take a WHILE...

HH1970 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Process:               Final Cut Pro [1084]

Path:                  /Applications/Final Cut Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/Final Cut Pro

Responsible:           Final Cut Pro [1084]

Date/Time:             2019-09-11 20:58:31.002 -0400

Anonymous UUID:        FD0660D8-44D4-812D-78A9-2C2A90E7FF15

Time Awake Since Boot: 2500 seconds

Crashed Thread:        1

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGKILL)

—⁄›ëˇˇ

..........Ditto on the crashing!!! Is this why they say not to beta your production system? oooff....

Daryle Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Also have the same issue- definitely something that slipped through similar to scopes being disabled:

Process:               Final Cut Pro [1361]

Responsible:           Final Cut Pro [1361]

Date/Time:             2019-09-12 10:13:11.861 -0400

Anonymous UUID:        E8058230-566A-26B8-809E-8C9BDDF9A33F

Time Awake Since Boot: 590 seconds

Oèˇˇ

KremeDN Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have same problem here I've tried many way to fix it but didn't work anyway. I hope it will be fix very soon.

4D Dev Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same here, I may have to go back to Mohave so I can get some things done. Not sure what the timeline on a fix for this is.

chip_greenwavesoftware Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same problem.

—™5ïˇ

Algowin Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

just the same 2 - is it an easy way to vgop back if i havent got a TIMEMECHINE???

nick235 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Phew I thought it was just me! same issue here...and with adoble Primer  

matthewslacey Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same problem.  Tried reinstalled FCP, reinstalling OS.  Any solutions would be appreciated.  I might try and revert to Mojave and see if that helps.

I had the same termination reason: LIBSYSTEM, [0x2]

zuorn Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Me too, I really regret updating.

SurJones Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

AWK - Yup same issue  - same dang Libsys reason - I really wish there would buildin a dowgrade the the previous Beta. It's been far too many decades of not haveing that built in.

reality Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Yeah, me too.  Luckily the quick fix I need to do can be done in Davinci Resolve.

I also hope this particular problem is quickly fixed or I'll have to downgrade too. 

jaihaze Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

ive tried everything short of rolling back to mojave. I wonder how long we will have to wait for a new deveolper version.

Sdejesus75 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same problem here! I’ve been posting on social media like cray for them to fix them. I really don’t want to downgrade but have a video use this weekend And might have to borrow a friends computer to just get work done. iMovie doesn’t open up either :(

Ross Kinard Level 2 Level 2 (55 points)

This is why you never run a beta OS on a machine you rely on. Also, posting on social media WILL NOT accelerate their timeframe for new betas. The whole point of the betas is to have patient users who submit feedback and wait for new builds to test yet again.

Use the Feedback Assistant and wait for updates to test, then submit feedback again to tell them if it is fixed or not. If you can't do this, you shouldn't be using the beta. It's the whole point of the beta program.

dsthifi Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same here on iMac Pro!

iMovie and Final Cut stops after 5 seconds.....

Very bad, not to move back to the Beta 7....

scknurr Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same exact behavior.

Skeicher Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Sketch crashes with the same error =(

AUTOID Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same problem for me too! Will keep an eye on this thread for an update.

I've tried everything to get it to work but no luck

meeks666 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Anything that uses openGL and the display link will crash. The application that I've written also crashes.

I've submitted a bug to apple.

cdf1982 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

H!

Have you figured something out with your own app?

I am experiencing the same crash, assertion failure: "((void *)0) == tsd->NSCurrentOpenGLContext" -> %lld, in my own app on macOS Catalina 10.15 beta 8 (build 19A558d).

My application uses VLCKit, which in turn relies upon OpenGL, to stream IP cameras; what is interesting, is that it does not crash when I launch and leave it be, but it crashes as soon as I switch to a different URL (which causes the current playback session to be terminated and a new one to be started).

I tried performing the same operation using the latest VLC application (File > Open Network) and the result is the same: it works the first time, crashes immediately with the next URL.

What is worst, my own app attached to the Xcode debugger does not point to a specific part of my code, it just logs "Message from debugger: Terminated due to signal 9".

I am very worried that Apple might have killed OpenGL sooner that expected, so any suggestions is very much appreciated.

Thanks!

toniinc Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I don't think that this Bug is related to the fact that the future Development of OpenGL is depreached.

Apple currently has with Garageband, FCPX ... many Applications on the Run which are using OpenGL-Functions for rendering and has already not moved them forward to use Metal. It makes no sense that Apple make OpenGL not working if in the same time Applications from Apple themselve are published which are not usable in Catalina and there are no alternatives.

I hope the developers can fix this issue before GM eventually in the next beta.

thirteen Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same problem
                                                        Did you find how to fix it?

Process:               Final Cut Pro [6965]

Responsible:           Final Cut Pro [6965]

Date/Time:             2019-09-13 17:02:11.103 +0300

Bridge OS Version:     3.0 (14Y905)

Anonymous UUID:        D5775FB9-EF96-164C-568C-59912E212B56

Sleep/Wake UUID:       0F6356A3-61CE-4255-88D0-619168776C4B

Time Awake Since Boot: 37000 seconds

Time Since Wake:       10000 seconds

—*_

Model: MacBookPro14,2, BootROM 200.0.0.0.0, 2 processors, Intel Core i7, 3,5 GHz, 16 GB, SMC 2.44f1

Graphics: kHW_IntelIrisGraphics650Item, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650, spdisplays_builtin

Memory Module: BANK 0/DIMM0, 8 GB, LPDDR3, 2133 MHz, 0x802C, 0x4D5435324C31473332443450472D30393320

Memory Module: BANK 1/DIMM0, 8 GB, LPDDR3, 2133 MHz, 0x802C, 0x4D5435324C31473332443450472D30393320

AirPort: spairport_wireless_card_type_airport_extreme (0x14E4, 0x171), Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (7.77.105.1 AirPortDriverBrcmNIC-1429)

Bluetooth: Version 7.0.0f4, 3 services, 27 devices, 1 incoming serial ports

Network Service: Wi-Fi, AirPort, en0

USB Device: USB 3.0 Bus

USB Device: Apple T1 Controller

Thunderbolt Bus: MacBook Pro, Apple Inc., 41.3

Thunderbolt Bus: MacBook Pro, Apple Inc., 41.3

shastasolutions Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I’m having the same issue. Unfortunately, I think its effecting any application the uses OpenGL.

CapnKrust Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same problem here.

Ptidav Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

My Too From France i have the same problem.

Unfortunalty for me i have to give my final edit on monday ! SHAME on me to have done this beta update !!!!!

Please Apple, could you update and correcting the problem for monday ???

Kind Regards

kevlar70 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Having the same issue.  Raised a ticket through the Feedback Email system, no reply yet.  Also upgrading to Pro Video Formats 2.1 is not compatible with Catalina. 
                                                                I'm not having any isues with any other Apps.  It's so strange that the Pro Apps team haven't kept up with the MacOS Development Team. Catalina releases in October.
                                                                I've just been on the phone to Final Cut Support team and they wont Support FCPX in MacOSX Catalina Beta. 

I've tried everything I know to rectify this. 

Hopefully FCPX will have an update fairly soon.

cl.jacobsen Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same issue here. I have reached out everywhere I know to reach out and all I get is crickets, (apparently I reached out too much as I got a nice note from Apple telling me to stop reaching out on public forums), my bad.

It amazes me that FCP folks didnt see this coming or know anbout it and get ahead of it.

I have cleared preferences, reinstalled and still nothing. I really need FCP X to open and function.

If anybody figures out a resolve I would sure love a heads up.

Thanks in advance -

Chris

epicchris1985 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Ohhh thank god it's not just me then.. So we are all having same problem.. Hope it gets a fix real soon!

zuorn Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I think I will no longer use the beta version of the system.

CapnKrust Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

After a bunch of attempts, FCPX still didn't work in beta 8, so I had to re-assemble a short project I was working on in the latest build of Premiere Pro (clean install of version 13.1.4 build 2) and it ran quite smoothly. Fortunately, I worked from a bunch of already rendered clips so it wasn't too much of a hassle. After Effects also works fine (an older version already on my MacbookPro, 16.0.0 - build 235).

jan-peter Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same issue here

nick235 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

iit's safe to say that this is a major blocker bug...

ItalianIce Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I havent got any updates and when I contacted the "Pro Team" they didnt know anything about this.

I installed the previous beta from last week and everything worked until... all of a sudden it didnt. FCPX started doing the same thing again so I figured maybe that was because a patch was downloaded to fix the latest update (which is now screwing up the old one) so I updated to the latest CVatalina and it's crashing. Incidentally, it's worse than ever because it literally flashes on the screen and doesn't open for even a second.

I've uninstalled FCPX and mInstaller and I'm going to reinstall them - which might do something.

I swtiched to Mac this year and I'm having a lot of disappointment, especially in the lack of support. Nobody knows anything and i have yet to have someone say, "yup, we've had calls about that problem all day, here's how to fix it!"

Instead, it's nobody knowing anything about anything. In 9 months, I know more about the OS then people I've called to help me.

MacBook 2019 - the 6k one so it ain't the hardware.

APPLE - as an idea and what it promises is really cool; it's just nowhere near what it should be.

I hope that with all of the new OSs and being that i came into the Apple family at this transitioning time; i hope that all the kinks get worked out in the next month.

With this problem and others, I have missed deadlines - and I am NOT being dramatic either...

...okay, a little dramatic.

Get it together, Apple!!

Chris

- the complaining dude with the iPhone 11 already on his mind.

PS - I'll update everyone on my reinstall.

Ross Kinard Level 2 Level 2 (55 points)

This is a beta OS...if you missed deadlines because you wanted the new toys before they were complete, then that's on you. They tell you not to install a BETA OS on a production device...it's NOT READY FOR RELEASE.

The finger pointing at Apple is foolish...you chose to install a unfinished operating system.

Stop complaining, file bug reports and wait for the next beta to TEST again.

Ross, this is arrogant, counterproductive stuff. We all want battled tested products. That requires real world testing. Your "walled garden" approach only reinforces developer process isolationism and keeps testing superficial while driving the daily users we all need to be using *and* breaking these mission critical apps to exit the beta program entirely. There is no real testing without real consequence, thus users can be rightfully frustrated to find a showstopper bug introduced into the 8th beta iteration with no rapid response articulated by developers. (and especially this late in release cycle, we're like 2 weeks out, c'mon) Clicking a few buttons isn't testing. Getting through an entire creative FCPX workflow with real deadlines, myriad media types, and zillion iterations of application personalizations *IS* testing. Responsiveness and foresight and obvious mitigation plans. That's all early adopters want. Treat people with the cold disdain of guinea pigs or lab mice and they'll dip out, talk crap and leave you with fragile software. No one wants that, Ross.

TimTheFoolMan Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Ross isn't suggesting a "walled garden" approach. He's talking about not relying on beta software for production uses.

By all means, load real projects into real applications on a beta system to test it. If and when that fails, report it to Apple, and then go back to your system that's running non-beta software and get your work done.

But by no means should you be installing beta software on a production machine, with no other way to get work done, and then complain to Apple about how their product isn't living up to your expectations. If you don't have a secondary system to get production work done, you shouldn't be installing beta software, unless you're ready to deal with situations exactly like this.

Tim

This is an obtuse and dated view of software adoption. Who are all of these users with both time and non-primary computing resources to do unpaid end-to-end testing without easy and obvious roll back functionality? This is just another defense of contrived testing protocols. Every time one of you guys trots out a tired defense of an unresponsive development institution, it resets the expection that "they give it and we take it." Why do you want it this way? Re-read Ross' response. There's absolutely no empathy there. No solution-ing. Just crass smugness.

ItalianIce Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks for sticking up guys.

People like Ross Kinard are either trolls or workl for Apple or both.

Apple has been rolling out substandard crap for years now as i was warned by former Apple users.

To use 7 beta versions with the software working fine and then to have the patest one cause crashes is ridiculous; furthmore to not have an easy way to roll back (as stated) is beyond ridiculous.

AND FURTHORMORE to be almost two weeks after the latest beta version, At LEAST 50 bug reports sent and STILL with ZERO ANSWERS, from Apple, the so-called "pro" team - except to say that they know nothing about beta versions is DISGUSTINGLY REPREHENSIBLE.

Period.

Apple's days are numbered.

The numbers are dropping and if you do a search, you'll see that this latest OS *****.

Gnite.

AM6331 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Have same issue with Final Cut Pro and Motion on the newest developer beta. I have sent a bug report with the crash log and suggest everyone here does the same.

toniinc Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

This error >>assertion failure: "((void *)0) == tsd->NSCurrentOpenGLContext"<< occurs in

Final Cut Pro X (as seen above)

iMovie

Garageband

VLC, Enpass (QT-Related)

I think there are a lot more Applications with this issue. I hope this will fixed with the next Beta.

cdf1982 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Using Feedback Assistant, I've just filed radar FB7276584, with attached crash reports and a sample project that reliably crashes on Catalina beta 8, but is stable with previous versions.

phill.M Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I just submitted the issue through the feedback assistant: https://feedbackassistant.apple.com/

to my surprise I get a notification saying:

Recent Similar Reports: None

Resolution: Open

How about sending the issue, the more of you that send it the more likely it is to be resolved.

Revivalusa238 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

And yet another. Pro Video will not update either, and now I discover that iMovie suffers from the same problem, so even a simple job can't be done. I don't have a computer in the house that I can go back to Mojave on. Apple customers ask us to help, we try and get this kind of a problem. Oh well, can't say we were not warned. Hopefully in October good things will happen, if not before. I feel sorry for those that depend on this for a living.

frenchfri70x7 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

My report is FB7283002, I am lucky that I have another Mac I can work on but it is older and slower than my 5K iMac.

For those keeping score, current report #'s for your convenience are:

FB7253859

FB7283002

FB7265136

FB7281945

FB7276584

55341498

Did anyone happen to have luck running the supplemental update and the Pro Video Formats 2.1 updates that were released today? If I ran them seperate, the Supplemental update ran and installed, but the Pro Video Formats 2.1 got stuck and aborted.

Just thought I would check and see if any body had any luck with those.

- Chris

Ptidav Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Do you have new about the new releasedof Beta 9 ? It's urgent ! I made a mistake to testing catalina during an editing ! Now i have an urgence for it.

IceOnFire Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same issue as everyone else.  Submitted feedback to apple:

FB7289548

Recent Similar Reports: None

Resolution: Open

Beta 9 couldn't come any sooner!!

Nick GOGOGO Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Got the same issue too.

Process:               Final Cut Pro [6963]

Version:               10.4.3 (324248)

Build Info:            ProEditor-32424008011000000~2

Responsible:           Final Cut Pro [6963]

Date/Time:             2019-09-19 18:20:08.258 +0700

Bridge OS Version:     3.0 (14Y905)

Anonymous UUID:        D0427A3E-1122-5448-8267-612FF73BD430

Time Awake Since Boot: 2600 seconds

—Í çˇˇ

YoItsPipes Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same problem with iMovie.  Glad I came here before uninstalling iMovie and deleting my Projects..

Chris Denny Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I’m sure Apple with release the fix once 10.15 is released. This is how Apple handles problems like this in the past.

philipmmacias Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

ya ***!

john58 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have the same problem. Is there a solution yet?

Sizzzlah Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Here's another - FB7287161

LET'S get this fixed dudes.  I feel new betas were coming every few days and now suddenly we waitttttt... shrug...

kevlar70 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Do you think Apple will ditch FCPX like it did with Aperture?

Guys.  Screw FCPX, Download Davinci Resolve 16.  It's free and has better stuff.  Colour grading is much simpler.

It's a disgrace that it's a week on and no sign of an update on the Beta OS or and Update for the App it's self.

sir51508 Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Lets hope they push an update by Monday. This beta was old as soon as FCPX started crashing on me... but thats the breaks with betas.

F B Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

YUP! Same issues , Called support they said " Wait for the Catalina update later this month."  :-(

Salanis Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have the exact same problem! Does anybody have news on this?

nicmills Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Yep.  Same here. I heard by the end of the month there would be a fix, but cant confirm that.  

F B Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Final cut pro Ver 10.4.6 crashes with Catalina 10.15 OS, When will there be a fix?

iA7mad Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same Issue and it's been like this for like 10 days.. Strange how apple didn't know about it! FCPX is one of the main reasons to get a MacBookPro..

Process:               Final Cut Pro [1220]

Responsible:           Final Cut Pro [1220]

Date/Time:             2019-09-23 08:23:13.840 +0300

Anonymous UUID:        0E75CC76-B284-0E96-9B69-D27DECBFCBEF

Time Awake Since Boot: 800 seconds

— ∫èˇˇ

shastasolutions Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Beta 9 is out. Please let me know if the issue is resolved.

sir51508 Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Its Monday, beta 9 out... just like I thought!! Hope it fixes FCPX, still downloading...

Update working for me.

Daryle Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Just upgraded to build 10.15 Beta (19A573a) and FCPX is working normally again WITH scopes.

Abi Krish Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Upgrade to build 10.15 Beta 9 ( 19A573a) and Final cut pro X is working. No more crashes.

Richiekul085 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same Problem here!!! all my Final Cut Pro X project are still pending as of this writing. Badly need your help--Apple..Please resolve this issues as early as possible...Please...i have my deadlines

Thank you in advance.