Error: Sign-Up Not Completed

Sign in With Apple shows this error "Sign-Up Not Completed" when we tap on continue button and after verifying Face ID.

• I'm doing the same with Pinkney comment but still not working? What wrong ?

• do we have any other solutions , I'm doing the same with Pinkney comment but still not working?

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

The Sign in with Apple servers require percent encoding (or URL encoding) for its query parameters. If you are using the Sign in with Apple REST API, you must provide values with encoded spaces (`%20`) instead of plus (`+`) signs. For example, if your request URL currently looks like this—

.../auth/authorize?client_id=<CLIENT_ID>&redirect_uri=<REDIRECT_URI>&response_type=code+id_token&scope=name+email&response_mode=form_post&state=<STATE>&nonce=<NONCE>
Please attempt again after updating the request URL to the following—
.../authorize?client_id=<CLIENT_ID>&redirect_uri=<REDIRECT_URI>&response_type=code%20id_token&scope=name%20email&response_mode=form_post&state=<STATE>&nonce=<NONCE>

Replies

I have noticed the same issue on my own apps. I cannot login, and no error is sent to the ASAuthorizationControllerDelegate. Here is a screenshot of the error in my test app:

https://shireman.net/images/IMG_1078.PNG

I cannot find anything wrong with my account, and it's not an error in any one application. I tested on both an existing app and a new app as shown in the screenshot. Any advice would be helpful.

This is working fine for us today without making any changes!

Our team also encountered this "Sign-Up not completed" issue today. Like sloshire1 mentioned, no error is sent to the delegate. Interestingly enough, the issue only happens when the user chooses to hide their email. Just for sanity, confirmed that the user hasn't revoked Apple ID permission from Settings. Seems like this is an issue on Apple's end as he has the same Sign In with Apple issue on a completely different app as well.

I have the same issue but it happens whether or not the user is hiding their email.

Has anyone figured out a way to debug this / get a better error message?

I'm having the exact same issue as well? Has anybody figured it out. I'm completely stuck.

Hi

Please create a Feedback Assistant item with the following information:

Your team ID

Your application ID

Apple ID account that is facing the issue

We will check this out.

Hi,

I had this issue ("Sign Up Not Completed") and I solved it by encoding parameters (redirect_uri and response_type). Somehow, the Sign In with Apple from an iPhone/iPad using Face ID/Touch ID isn't working if the parameters aren't encoded, but the ones from a non-Apple device are working fine.

What do you mean by 'encoding' them? URL encoding? Base64 encoding?

Thanks,

The Sign in with Apple servers require percent encoding (or URL encoding) for its query parameters. If you are using the Sign in with Apple REST API, you must provide values with encoded spaces (`%20`) instead of plus (`+`) signs. For example, if your request URL currently looks like this—

.../auth/authorize?client_id=<CLIENT_ID>&redirect_uri=<REDIRECT_URI>&response_type=code+id_token&scope=name+email&response_mode=form_post&state=<STATE>&nonce=<NONCE>
Please attempt again after updating the request URL to the following—
.../authorize?client_id=<CLIENT_ID>&redirect_uri=<REDIRECT_URI>&response_type=code%20id_token&scope=name%20email&response_mode=form_post&state=<STATE>&nonce=<NONCE>

Thanks @ppinkney! This fixed our issue when signing in Safari on iOS13 + Catalina.

However if the user hits cancel, we are not seeing the redirect to `redirect_uri`. Can you think of anything that comes to mind ?

This was the solution I came too after backwards engineering the links generated by the apple-provided JS plugin. Encoding for spaces as `+` is not liked. Worrying that they are excepted elsewhere in the apple sign-in product, and that there's this level of inconsistency.

Hi, I am also facing this problem now. "Sign Up not completed" shows up in every app on my companys apple developer account. I haven't connected it to backend yet, just trying to print out email and full name to the console, but this shows up anyway. I created the test project on my friends developer account and everything is working fine. Could it be the problem with my companys developer account?

hi, have you solved it?

hi, Have you solved it? we also encountered this problem

We are also seeing this issue on all new apps created after a certain date. Recreated profiles and entitlements does not help. Works with same code on older apps. We are not using server side redirect flow, therefore the solution above does not apply