Safari App Extension - Open new tab

I'd like to open a new tab, and have the location bar focused. Is there a way to do this?

I'd love a method on SFSafariTab that allows focusing the location bar. Without it, I'll have to build a custom search (and to do it right, ask permission, and import history, bookmarks, etc.). Calling tab.focusLocationBar() or something would be much easier and would keep me from having to touch so much user data. Any help/guidance would be appreciated.

Replies

When you are creating the new tab, what URL are you taking the user to? Will it be a blank page? An HTTPS url? A safari-extension:// URL?

This is an interesting piece of feedback! Can you please file it through Feedback Assistant with some specific details on what you are trying to do?

Thanks bweinstein. I've submitted feedback, it is FB7253928. I focused on the new tab feature suggestion, since it covers my needs (however being able to focus the location bar would be useful too!).
> When you are creating the new tab, what URL are you taking the user to? Will it be a blank page? An HTTPS url? A safari-extension:// URL?
I'd like to create a new tab, and have it mimic the "+" button in the tab bar. So it'd take into account whatever preference the user has selected in Safari Preferences -> General Tab -> New tabs open with.

Thanks for providing the feedback!