Multi touch not working on iOS 13

Hello,

We are encountering an important issue related to the multi touch on the iOS 13 Beta version.

Here is the case: we have a music application where the user has to touch the screen with 3 fingers at approximatively the same time.

Since we updated our test devices on iOS 13, we've seen that only 2 touch maximum are detected.

We have the same issue on our other music apps where the user has to do the same thing.

Thank you for your help,

Replies

Hello,

Some additional information:

- We use simple UIButton

- The issue occurs on all apps, even on the native calculator app: it's now impossible to touch 3 buttons at the same time (you can see this with the touch feedback). Whereas it was possible on iOS 12.

Regards,

I'm also seeing this issue for our game developed in Unity. With the update iOS 13 multi touch, meaning 3 touches or more is not registering.

Two touches works fine, but if 3 touches occur no touches will register. Is there an override to this behavior?

> Is there an override to this behavior?

The override is to update to iOS 13.1, I believe 😁 The new three finger system gestures (undo/redo) are supposed to be active only when something editable is in focus, as opposed to all the time in 13.0. There's been a fair bit of discussion of the issue since it broke a lot of existing games, for example.

I think there's a way to opt out by setting the editingInteractionConfiguration property on a UIResponder, but I've never tried it.