iOS 13 CoreNFC ISO15963 customCommand 0x35

I am working with ISO15963 tags. I am able to get the tag info, such as UID, etc etc, also can read and write EPROM. But this tags also provide an AES128 bit cryptography module that requires custom commands with a byte string payload to execute security authentication. Android NFC framework provides developers a “transceive()” command that only takes a string of bytes and automatically reads the buffer to catch the answer from the tag. So developers can create their own custom payloads according to manufacturers specifications. Apple’s new CoreNFC customCommand for ISO15963 protocol is limited to commands from A0 to DF (ISO15963-3 standard) Leaving out extremely important optional commands on the ISO15963-4 standard like. '34' Optional Yes Yes Yes Extended write multiple blocks '35' Optional No No Authenticate '36' Optional Yes Yes KeyUpdate '37' Optional No No AuthComm crypto format indicator '38' Optional No No SecureComm crypto format indicator '39' Optional No No Challenge '3A' Optional No Yes No ReadBuffer '3B' Optional No No No Extended get system information '3C' Optional No No No Extended get multiple block security Where can we ask Apple CoreNFC team to enable us to use more than A0~DF commands? I am mainly interested in the 0x35 command for AES128 Crypto Authentication.

Accepted Reply

Well everybody,
Thanks to the hard work of the engineers at Apple, this feature is now a reality.

All the Spark 1 and Spark 2 users will be able to use an iPhone to manage their account this fall.

Look forward to iOS 14 release!!!

Replies

i have the same problem implament iso 15693-4 come on apple

YES YES YES!

Definitely want to see this happen!

+1
Apple please help.

+1. Need this functionality!

You need to make a feature request.

Apple won't check this forum for such requests.

I’ve done it two times with no response yet.

Please implement this function Android is way ahead on this front.

Did you see this thread: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/117860?

It seems upgrading from iOS 13 beta 3 to beta 4 fixed the issue for the user Behnaz.

Looking forward to better support for reading/writing NFC. Some good steps forward, but still catching up to Android...

I have submitted a feature enhancement request on Feedback Assistant last year. It has been slow, but we already sent chip implants to Apple Engineers and private documents of how this chips work. They have everything to make the necessary changes. We have not hear back from Apple NFC Engineers since a while ago. Last word we had was that they needed an example data for the chip and what to expect from the chip. We have provided that and still waiting for their response on Feedback Assistant.
We are still waiting and periodically messaging them to see if there are some news.
Apple just released their new beta version. It seems they have implemented authenticate command 0x35 for ISO15963.
But there is no much more information on the documentation as to how to implement this yet.
In a few more days there will be a WWDC2020 presentation of this and other commands they have implemented. Hopefully there we will get more information and finally get this apps on everyone's hands!
Well everybody,
Thanks to the hard work of the engineers at Apple, this feature is now a reality.

All the Spark 1 and Spark 2 users will be able to use an iPhone to manage their account this fall.

Look forward to iOS 14 release!!!