Launch screen is going black on app update scenario.

This post is regarding an issue related to launch screen of the application. Kindly go through the below scenario and help me to fix this problem.

I have an application on App Store which is showing launch screen using LaunchScreen.storyboard.I have used more than one image in LaunchScreen.storyboard and all required images are correctly mentioned in Image.xcassets . Everything is working expected in this situation .

Now I released a new version of my app in which I am changing the launch screen image and I have provide the correct image in Image.xcassets but with different name.This also working as expected if I installed the app freshly from the appstore.

Now the problem is when I am updating the current app to newer version I am getting black screen instead of launch screen (Tested App Store to App Store update scenario).I have read many blogs about this Springboard caching issue and which won’t be happening in production .But for me It happened for production also .Kindly help to fix this issue in anyway .

Regards,

RAHUL CK

Replies

Of course you did an option-clean build folder or even deleted derived data ?