Error JSQMessagesViewController

Hello!
This error appeared when using xcode Version 11.0 beta 6 (11M392q)

CompileXIB /Users/telalawad/Desktop/untitled\ folder/jeen/Pods/JSQMessagesViewController/JSQMessagesViewController/Views/JSQMessagesCollectionViewCellOutgoing.xib (in target 'JSQMessagesViewController' from project 'Pods')

cd /Users/telalawad/Desktop/untitled\ folder/jeen/Pods

export XCODE_DEVELOPER_USR_PATH=/Users/telalawad/Desktop/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/..

/Users/telalawad/Desktop/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/ibtool --errors --warnings --notices --module JSQMessagesViewController --output-partial-info-plist /Users/telalawad/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/jeen-fmekohwuimdnljfialnmtsuitqcm/Build/Intermediates.noindex/Pods.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/JSQMessagesViewController.build/JSQMessagesCollectionViewCellOutgoing-PartialInfo.plist --auto-activate-custom-fonts --target-device iphone --target-device ipad --minimum-deployment-target 8.0 --output-format human-readable-text --compile /Users/telalawad/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/jeen-fmekohwuimdnljfialnmtsuitqcm/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/JSQMessagesViewController/JSQMessagesViewController.framework/JSQMessagesCollectionViewCellOutgoing.nib /Users/telalawad/Desktop/untitled\ folder/jeen/Pods/JSQMessagesViewController/JSQMessagesViewController/Views/JSQMessagesCollectionViewCellOutgoing.xib

Command CompileXIB failed with a nonzero exit code
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zG-NWZKBAlsvwSMyY4MRb9eRB8yI1OqC

Replies

Hello, I am having the same issue. Were you able to fix this issue?

im also having the same issue. Anyone has fix this issue ?

Me too. I hope that it's not because the JSQMessagesViewController library has been deprecated...

Me too, and also scared of the same thing...

Me too. And yep.

Has anyone been able to solve this issue!? Been having the same problem.

Hello everybody, I have encountered the same issue, and It seems to me that I have found the source of my error and was able to solve this issue.

For me it was incorrect Deployment Target iOS version of Pods project and JSQMessagesViewController target.

My iOS app's deployment target is 10.3, but somehow JSQMessagesViewController's deployment target was set to 8.0 (As well as xib's "Build for..." option). When i changed it to 10.3, the issue was gone.

I think maybe xib compiling was changed between 8.0 and 10.3, so somehow they are not compatible.

Please try this method,and check if this works for you.

I have solved this issue, please see my answer for details.

I have solved this issue, please see my answer for details.

Hey, glad to hear it!

Can you explain how you did that in more detail?

I tried to change the deployment target in this screenshot, but I'm still having the same error.

https://imgur.com/a/xbv0QJ6

Got it, this works, thank you!

I set mine to 10.3 and I was still getting the same error, but then I went into the pods folder and manually changed the target of each of the xib files to 11.0 and it was fixed!

Hello all,

I've tried to update my Podfile that looks like to:

platform :ios, '10.0'

project 'MyProject.xcodeproj'

post_install do |installer|
  installer.pods_project.targets.each do |target|
    target.build_configurations.each do |config|
      config.build_settings.delete('IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET')
    end
  end
end

Now, my JSQMessagesViewController target has good deployment target and xib files are defined with build for

iOS10.0 and Later

But I still have the same issue 😟

Do you have any idea that may help me? The last solution will be to remove this lib to use MessageKit instead, but there is a lot of code that will need to be changed...

Thank you for your replies !!