Logitech usb mouse and keyboard no longer work with Catalina

Ever since I installed Catalina by Logitech USB mouse and keyboard no longer work.

I have the USB receiver connected to the Thunderbolt port using a USB dongle.

The receiver is recognized in the System Information but I am not able to use the mouse or keyboard.

Any suggestions??

Replies

I just installed Catalina, and I'm having this problem as well.

I too am facing this, Although for me the mouse works but keyboard does not even pair to the Macbook pro anymore. Both are unifying reciever based devices. would appreciate if someone / logitech fixes this.

Same. I have a logitech k350 keyboard. the unifying application shows it connected, but only in the "advanced" settings. the volume control button works, but none of the other keys. i have set up all the security/privacy settings correctly in the system prefs and restarted multiple times but nothing is working.

Same problem here. Catalina installed without a hitch but my Logitech problem is a bit subtler.

Mac mini late 2012, Logitech wireless keyboard 800 (Unifying receiver, not Bluetooth)

Background (in case any Logitech engineers/experts are out there):

I completely uninstalled all Logitech software, preference panes, and the like. Apparently several versions were present and some dated back to 2015 or so.

Then reinstalled what appears to be the most recent Logitech drivers for Mac: "Logicool". I say 'appears' because it is the only download that lists 10.15 as an available Mac OS version. And the "Logitech firmware update" which recognized the Unifying receiver and reported a successful firmware update.

There are probably 12 or so available Logitech downloads and it's not clear which ones are needed to get a specific piece of hardware functioning.

Then verified that both the Logitech Control Center Deamon and the Logicool Unifying Software were enabled in the "Input Monitoring" panel of the "Privacy" tab of the "Security & Privacy" System Preference Pane.

After updating the firmware on the Unifying receiver, it's possible to pair the keyboard using the "Advanced" option in the Unifying software.

Note that the Unifying software only recognizes the keyboard using the "Advanced" option. The usual workflow of cycling the power switch gets you nowhere.

Using the "Advanced" option....the keyboard is recognized (state goes from inactive to active when you pound on the keys), yet no characters appear either in the Unifying test box or anywhere in the computer itself.

I have same issue. Logitech MK750 + Mac Book Pro 2017

Did this convoluted process leave you with a working Logitech mouse, via the unifying receiver? My K750 keyboard works, actually, it's just my M325 mouse that isn't working at all.

Finally got it! Found good help on the logitech site.

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360036740513-Important-information-for-Logitech-Control-Center-and-macOS-Catalina-Update-LCC-before-installing-macOS-Catalina

* First of all, for anyone who *hasn't* updated to Catalina yet, Logitech recommends updating their software first.

* If you have already updated to Catalina, go ahead and update Logitech's software too. (I updated both "Logitech Control Center" and "Logitech Options".

* If the mouse still isn't working, use "kextstat | grep -i logi " to find your driver version. Mine was still 1.3.8, even though it should have updated to 1.3.9.

* If that's the case, rebooting briefly in "MacOS Utilities" (using ⌘R during reboot), and then rebooting normally, somehow causes the proper update to happen.

After jumping through those hoops, I have the "com.Logitech.Unifying.HIDDriver" version 1.3.9, and my mouse works.

Same exact problem here. k350 keyboard doesn't work at all except for volume buttons. m570 mouse works fine. Filed a support request with Logitech...

If anyone else is stumbling onto this problem a year or more later like I just did - updating to 10.15.6 seems to have fixed the issue for me.
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of aays Down vote reply of aays
Has anyone solved this problem?
As for the upgrade fixing it, I don't know but I have a newly installed Catalina 10.15.7 and my Logitech devices (M570 trackball mouse and MK270 keyboard) 'work' but are not detected by LCC. Notably, I am having to use two receivers to even get this level of usability.