Automatic Backup Not Happening?

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone is experiencing this or not. Or if you have a suggestion to correct my issue.

My iPad Air 2 is my secondary device which I use for testing my app before release. I have upgraded to iOS9 Beta 4 - so far most apps work like a charm, most features are performing well.

However my iPad hasn't backed up, even though it's been connected to both Power and WiFi. Not sure why.

I haven't manually triggered a back up just in case there is something else going on. It doesn't seem to have backed up since I moved from iOS 8.4 to iOS 9 Beta 3.

Thanks.

Accepted Reply

Since you were only backing up to iCloud the only solution is to delete the iCloud backup and start a fresh backup from Beta 4.

Replies

It's not uncommon with Beta OSs for things to need a nudge - settings sometimes get reset after an update.

From theSupport Page for this:

1. Make sure that iCloud Backup is turned on (Settings > iCloud > Backup)
  2. Tap Back Up Now. Stay connected to your Wi-Fi network until the process completes.
  3. Make sure the backup finished by tapping Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage, and then select your device. The backup you just made should appear in the details with the time and backup size.

After you've turned on iCloud Backup, iCloud can automatically back up your device each day. iCloud makes these daily automatic backups only if:

• Your device is connected to a power source.
  • Your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
  • Your device's screen is locked.

i have tried this but I get an error. I Am told the last backup could not be completed. It also appears to be double the last stored backup fro, before iOS 9. 😢

iOS 9 Dev Beta 4 mistakenly perceives iOS 9 Dev Beta 3 backups as corrupt and so it refuses to use it as the basis for the current backup - others have experienced this also. There is a workaround to fix that by removing the one offending file using a backup manager (let me know if you want more info), but if you don't mind losing the Beta 3 backup, the easiest thing to do is simply delete the old backups and let iTunes start fresh.

You may not be able to delete the backups from your iPhone itself - those who have tried reported errors associated with the backup being perceived as corrupt. Instead delete the backup from your Mac's iCloud preference pane. Once you've deleted your old backup(s), you should be able to manually start the backup as descriibed in my first post.

This worked for me, running Beta 3.

would it be easier to just delete Backup? How easy is it to use the backup manager? I'd prefer that if its Straight forward?

thanks.

Thanks. You mention find on the Mac. Since I only back up to iCloud will not this work? (You mention "current backups on your computer ". Also I am trying to back up, not restore. So maybe I'll just delete my old one. Thanks.

No, that only applies if you are also backing up to iTunes so I'll delete that post.

Since you were only backing up to iCloud the only solution is to delete the iCloud backup and start a fresh backup from Beta 4.