3 Replies
      Latest reply on Aug 15, 2019 1:55 PM by KMT
      MartinW Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Is there any way to download attachments in the macOS Feedback Assistant app? I'm trying to confirm some issues are fixed (or not), but I need the test files I attached to my previously submitted bug reports. Perhaps I'm missing something obvious? I looked in the help / user guide, but all it talks about is Drafts. I need files from earlier bug reports, not Drafts.

• Re: How to download Feedback Assistant attachments?
          KMT Level 9 Level 9 (15,185 points)

Try looking in Users ▸ <userName> ▸ Library ▸ Caches ▸ com.apple.appleseed.FeedbackAssistant

MartinW Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks for the idea. I do see some previously submitted attachments there, but not the ones I need.

Can I assume from your reply that downloading attachments is not officially supported? If so, that's too bad. I suppose I can understand the decision (especially for gigantic sysdiagnose files) but it's definitely a nuisance. I guess I'll just have to keep all test files indefinitely for any future bugs I submit, and tell Apple I can't confirm whether some of my prior bugs are fixed or not.

KMT Level 9 Level 9 (15,185 points)

From this link: https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/

"Viewing Older Bug Reports

While Apple Bug Reporter is no longer available, you can still track your older bug reports in Feedback Assistant using their associated Problem IDs. Bugs are displayed in Feedback Assistant, with the original text and attached files included. The Problem ID is appended to the title and any dialogue is displayed natively in Feedback Assistant as messages from Apple and replies from you, complete with timestamps."