MacOSX Beta 5 Firefox Bug, Release of Beta 6

Dear Developers, since Catalina Beta 5 the Firefox is broken and it will be fixed in Beta 6. Is there a release date of Beta 6? Need to decide if I downgrade or wait. Thanks for Feedback

Replies

No one here knows when beta releases will happen. Apple never announces the release date for beta builds.

The normal Apple Beta release cycle is every two weeks, howeve,r if you check, you will notice we passed the two week mark this week, instead being treated to weekly iOS/iPadOS/WatchOS/tvOS updates. At this stage it could be any day now, or sometime next week. Apple vary the release times for all sorts of reasons (show stopping bugs/last minute feature/even preparing for final release), so all we can do now is wait to see what Apple does.

in Catalina they have added and changed a lot of fetures too many for a single upgrade, i would imagane they fix one thing and at the same time something eles breaks. They proberley are strugling to create a stable beta build. Note that is my personal opinion.

Beta 6 is out.

Firefox is now OK BUT Chrome and Chrome Canary are no longer working

FWIW, Canary is working for me. I haven't installed Chrome.

Firefox is working for me with Catalina Beta 6. However Chrome was crashing. I deleted the ~/Library/Google/Chrome folder and it works again. I wonder if the crash was caused by one of the extensions I was running.