iOS 13 beta 6 won't pair with earlier watchOS 6 beta

I know that Apple posted that you can't pair a watch with a beta earlier than 2, but I didn't see this when I updated my phone to iOS 13 beta 6. My watch wasn't syncing with my phone this morning after the update so I did a factory reset on it and now I can't sync it with any phone, including one running beta 6 as well as one on 12.4. Any ideas or should I ask the Genius Bar to bring it down to an older OS? Currently my phone is on beta 6 and my watch is probably on beta 1 or whatever happens when you do a reset. Thanks!

Accepted Reply

It can be easily solved in some basic steps without restoring anything neither watch or iDevice (Sorry for my simple English)

1. Download iOS 13 beta 5 from the internet (just type in google and you sure find something)

2. Choose your phone on the website and wait for download

3. Connect your phone and open iTunes

4. Once you are in your iDevice menu hit the update button BUT hold alt (In case of Windows CTRL) and then click it.

5. Choose downloaded file of iOS.

6. Wait for update to complete

7. Connect to your Apple watch and update them to newest software

And Voila! You're done and fully functional

Reason why is this still working is because Apple is still signing older betas and that's why you can still install it on your iPhone.

Have a nice day!

Replies

Looking forward to an answer to this as well. There are some interesting elements to the situation I'm in.

As a baseline, I am on:

• iOS Beta 13 . 6
  • WatchOS 6.(17R5491t).. I think that is 6.2

The watch would not update after this and I submitted a feedback to see if there was a problem.

I subsequently found that the beta profile for the watch had disappeared (found out after the upgrade to iOS 13.6)

Eventually, I proceeded with the upgrade to iOS 13.6 and am in the same sitch you are.

However, the watch is not completely dead. It can:

• Secure weather info if the iPhone and Watch are on the same network
  • Perform Watch based Apple Pay
  • Send and receive txt messages (if on the same network as iPhone).
  • It also appears as Blootooth connected on my iPhone

Unfortunatly, the iPhone cannot connect with the watch when I initiate "Software Update" from the iPhone. Instead I get the error:

Could Not Connect To Apple Watch, (make sure your watch is nearby, powered on and not in airplane mode).

At this point, it appears my only option is to wait for iOS 13 Production to be released as I cannot find another way to get the Beta profile onto the watch.

I found out about this morning after my watch had used up all my LTE data for the month. It was no longer connected to the iPhone and so fell back to cellular. I did a watch factory reset but now it won’t pair anymore with the iPhone (iOS 13 beta 6). It attempts but the the iPhone says that it’s unpairing. And the cycle begins again. Any help appreciated.

By the way, I can't pair the watch with any phones... it's useless :/

Talked with Apple Support just now. Only thing they could offer me is to send me a box to send my S4 Apple Watch in so they can remove the beta and return it to me. Can’t even perform this task at an Apple Store.

Talked with Apple Support tonight. Only thing they could offer me is to send me a box to send my S4 Apple Watch in so they can remove the beta and return it to me. Can’t even perform this task at an Apple Store.

I can confirm that the info found at this link allowed me to pair my S4 watch back to my Xs https://www.reddit.com/r/watchOSBeta/comments/cpo7wi/bug_pairing_unpairing_loop_fix/

I called apple and they said they can only have me send my watch in to have them remove beta and then they will send it back... thinking that is what I may just have to do. They send you a box in the mail that you put watch in and then you mail it back to them and they will take care of it from there and then mail it back. They said the whole process should take about two weeks at tops, and honestly I believe them! I just talked to them yesterday and when that box came today! They have it set up so it is overnighted so it will get there speedy quick.

Also, they reason it won’t pair to any phone is because iOS 12 isn’t capable of supporting watchOS 6 because it isn’t inside the software... the original beta of watchOS 6 also isn’t supported in iOS 13 beta 6 anymore. (Lol sorry if that doesn’t make sense, tried wording it best as I could) so when I get my watch back Apple said I should be able to connect it to my iOS 13 iPhone even tho it will be on watchOS 5. I’m going to just go ahead and wait till full release of both watchOS 6 and iOS 13 come out to go any further with any of this software stuff..... don’t wanna mess with it. Though, I’m hoping it will all be released by mid to late September!!! (Judging from past years, it’s typically been release around mid September)

I think there was an issue with the watch updating past beta 1 because everytime I checked my watch said it was up to date. I called apple the other day and they basically told me there was nothing they could do but after seeing that other people were told they could send their watch in I called them back yesterday and told them that and they said they would mail me a box to send it in and they would take the software back the previous version. So my advice would be to call them back and see if they will let you send it in to fix it. Also, they had to escalate the issue to someone other than the person I was initially on the phone with.

It can be easily solved in some basic steps without restoring anything neither watch or iDevice (Sorry for my simple English)

1. Download iOS 13 beta 5 from the internet (just type in google and you sure find something)

2. Choose your phone on the website and wait for download

3. Connect your phone and open iTunes

4. Once you are in your iDevice menu hit the update button BUT hold alt (In case of Windows CTRL) and then click it.

5. Choose downloaded file of iOS.

6. Wait for update to complete

7. Connect to your Apple watch and update them to newest software

And Voila! You're done and fully functional

Reason why is this still working is because Apple is still signing older betas and that's why you can still install it on your iPhone.

Have a nice day!

I'll try this if they don't release beta 7 in the next 24 hours or so. Does anyone know a link for beta 5? Thanks!

I already tried that now. Here is the link https://www.*********142.com/download-ios-13-0-beta-5-for-free-ipsw-direct-download-links-over-the-air-profile/

Do what I wrote above and then will be possible to upgrade your wOS to newer version and then also iPhone can be updated.

I have the same problem since I updated my iPhone to iOS 13.6. I realized that my Apple Watch was not connected to my iPhone. I tried to unpair and pair again but was worse than before because now I can't use the watch anymore. I can't pair the watch with any phone, even with iOS 12.4

I'm going to try to downgrade my iPhone to iOS 13.5 today. I'll let you all know how everything is going.

I noticed my G1 apple watch wasn't communiating with my iphone XS Max, yet was paired.

It also wouldn't update to the latest watchos beta.

So I reset my watch to restore from a backup. Well the watch is in a loop of trying to sync, then resets the pairing process. It keeps saying I need to update it to the latest beta, then goes back to trying to pair again.

I don't think I can revert to iOS 13b5, but I'll try it.

I hope a new beta of ios 13 just comes out that fixes this soon.

Prior to contacting apple to have them fix my watch after the update I tried finding a previous beta version prior to beta 6 and I was unable to find it anywhere.