UIUserInterfaceStyle key invalid

I tried to validate an app in Xcode 10.3, and got an error:

Invalid Info.plist Key. The key 'UIUserInterfaceStyle' in the Payload/AppName.appInfo.plist file is not valid.

No problem yesterday with the same key.

Replies

Same here! Has anyone found a solution for this error?

Same!!! It was working fine earlier this monrning.

You are not alone.

ERROR ITMS-90190: "Invalid Info.plist Key. The key 'UIUserInterfaceStyle' in the Payload/brownie.appInfo.plist file is not valid."

Same problem here

Seeing the same as well:

ERROR ITMS-90190: "Invalid Info.plist Key. The key 'UIUserInterfaceStyle' in the Payload/APPNAMEHERE.appInfo.plist file is not valid."

The issue has been observered through Archive and Fastlane upload.

same

Same

Same here, anybody got news?

Also seeing this on our uploads, when they were working the day before. This key is needed for us, since we can't support dark mode yet - it's not an engineering/design priority for us, and we don't have the staff to support it right now. Unacceptable to bully us into supporting it at this point.

I am experiancing the exact same issus ... cannot find a problem in the plist as well.

EDIT:

I havn't added this "User Interface Style" key in my info.plist so it was added automatically. I suspect that Apple is using that for the black/white theme on iOS 13 and they started a test or something 2 days ago with the beta upload (still a theory).

The bottom line is that removing it solved my problem.

how can i to fix it , i can use it before 4 day ago...because my app do not use the dark mode. is there any way to forbid dark mode?

Same problem!

Same here app built with Xcode 10.2.

Official document says:

The system automatically opts in any app linked against the iOS 13.0 or later SDK to both light and dark appearances. If you need extra time to work on your app's Dark Mode support, you can temporarily opt out by including the

UIUserInterfaceStyle
key (with a value of
Light
) in your app’s
Info.plist
file. Setting this key to
Light
causes the system to ignore the user's preference and always apply a light appearance to your app.

It sepcifically mentions "any app linked against the iOS 13.0 or later SDK". Does it means we don't need add the flag unless the binary is built with Xcode 11 and iOS 13? If not, can someone create a rdar ticket?

It looks a though removing the key also allows for forcing light mode. I imagine it's a bug Apple has introduced as it's still listing "Light" as a valid value in the docs. Luckily it seems to remove the key altogether it achieves the same result.

https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/General/Reference/InfoPlistKeyReference/Articles/iPhoneOSKeys.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40009252-SW44

The same document also states that:

This key is supported in tvOS 10.0 and later. Other platforms ignore this key.

Apparently it's time to work on the interface - once again...