MusicKitJS & MusicKit for Android can't play certain songs

In general I can play songs both via MusicKit JS and MusicKit for Android, but for some reason some songs can't be played, and giving the following error on MusicKitJS:

Uncaught (in promise) UNKNOWN_ERROR: adamId: 1328655391 not found

I didn't check if/what error the MusicKit for Android is giving but I tried to play the songs in there and it won't play these songs..

What I tried to do: (In MusicKit JS)

- I checked to see that the music.player.quque[0] has the info about the song i'm trying to play, in order to make sure that it does load the song meta data, and it does, I can see that it's giving me all the info about the song, artist and album of the song i'm trying to play..

- I checked to see that isRestricted == false and that isUnavailable == false, and they are... (which means I should be able to play these songs in my region / country)

- I tried to play these songs on my iPhone in the built-in Apple Music app and it all works in there, so that guarantees that it's not a restriction issue of some sort...

Some of the songs that I can't play because I'm getting the above error:
- Zombie by The Cranberries, Apple Music ID = 1328655391, ISRC ID = USIR29400443

- Highway to **** by AC/DC, Apple Music ID = 579449210, ISRC ID = AUAP07900028

- Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden, Apple Music ID = 1253265014, ISRC ID = USAM19400007

The full error I'm getting in MusicKitJS: https://pastebin.com/KHaK4xsa

I'd love to know if there's anything I can do to solve this problem, or do I just need to wait for an update to the SDK?

Replies

For some reason as of today (29/08/2019) even more sogs are no longer playable via the JS, Android & IOS MusicKit SDK, but now there's an error saying "CONTENT_UNAVAILABLE", even tho yesterday everything (almost everything) was working as it should... (this bug is added to the above mentioned bug, here I'm getting an "CONTENT_UNAVAILABLE" error, where in the above bug there's an "UNKNOWN_ERROR"...

* please note that in both cases I'm getting the songs' metadate off of MusicKit Api setting the content location to the proper one, and in both cases I manage to get all the metadata, and yet the above error says it can't find that song, and the latest error (in this message) claims that the song is unavailable..

I'd really love to get some answer / comment from an Apple worker, just to know that someone from the MusicKit SDK team has saw my bug reports and that they are aware of the bugs and are fixing them... 🙂

This looks like another issue where a bug report about this would be helpful. Please file it using our bug reporting system for Feedback linked to below.

https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/

Thanks again, I will report this bug as well 🙂

• I have an app integrating app with Android Music kit and getting all authorizations and getting song for 30 seconds only is there any wayout to get the issue fixed

Thanks

Add a Comment