Why cant I open xcode projects in Catalina?

After upgrading to the beta OS, Macos Catalina, I cant seem to open any projects in my Xcode (both Beta and nonbeta versions). Having said that, after some investigation (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/57019534/i-cant-open-xcode-project-after-updating-to-catalina) it seems that I can open projects that are in my download folder. However, the Stackoverflow answer stated that deleting the derived data should solve the problem however I have not seen that solve my problem.

Replies

Did you reboot the Mac ?

That solve many issues.

I have tried restarting my mac but that did not help me.

I cant seem to open any projects in my Xcode

Which versions of XCode exactly ?

Have you several versions of XCode with the name XCode (that could create confusion, betas should have a different name)

Do you see the project when you ask open ?

Or is it only with Open Recent command ?

What happens when you double click on xcodeproj file ?

How much memory available (disk and RAM) ?

Do you get any error message ?

Hey! I encontered with the same issue, and I also tried the above mentioned stack overflow solution without any success. What did worked for me is remove my Github account from Xcode.

• Open Xcode's startup screen (do not open any project yet)
  • Open Xcode -> Preferences -> Accounts -> Remove the Github account you signed in
  • Reboot
  • Open the project via Xcode's startup screens 'Open another project...'

Maybe not every step is neccessary, but these worked for me.

• I am having this issue even though I have no Git account under Preferences -> Accounts I am using Big Sur

• This worked for me!

Add a Comment

About the problem that xcode can't open the project after upgrading the system:

I found a solution, my system is 10.15 Beta, catalina, after reading the comments above and stackoverflow answers, I tried to solve my problem, but failed.

Later, I tried to change the path of the project. I found that xcode can be opened as long as the project is not on the desktop or document. I hope I can help you.

Add a Comment

The issue seems to be with projects that are in directories that syncs to your iCloud. You should create a directory in your home directory called Developer and save your projects there. Do not save projects in any directory that syncs to iCloud. that sync processor can cause issues with Xcode.

• Having this problem right now. I'm able to open files in a folder that IS sync'ed to iCloud, but can't open a project in my home directory, which is NOT sync'ed to icloud. I can't even get to the project file there, Xcode pops up an error "Can't open file: /users/me/projects/", on some part of the path before it even gets to the file. And, it can take a long time to get the error. Note that I just downloaded the project from the net, so I've never had Xcode navigate inside my home dir, this is the first time I tried going into my home dir.

• It worked for me! Thank's ;)

Add a Comment