Apple pay token giving wrong card expiration date

I have implemented apple pay and it is working for me for most of the card types.But recently in Sandbox environment for all the apple pay token with card type Master Card i'm getting the card expiry date as 07-2019(Even tough the card expiry date which i gave while adding the card to Wallet was 11/2022).And as per the documentation of apple:

applicationExpirationDate : Card expiration date in the format YYMMDD.

is the field in the decrypted token where we get the card expiry.

https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/PassKit/Reference/PaymentTokenJSON/PaymentTokenJSON.html

I have already tried with multiple cards but all giving the same expiry date.

Has anyone encountered the same issue??

• It's happening in production environment, now.

Add a Comment

Replies

Yes i also facing same issue, do you get any udpate on this?

And this issue specific to MasteCard only all other sandbox card working fine but for mastercard its always failing.

I'm having the same issue. Anyone find any more information on this?

Hi,

I am facing exactly the same issue where we integrated Apple pay with Cybersource.

Please suggest, Is this issue seems only on Sandbox and will it work fine with Production env?

I observed the same behavior in our sandbox environemnt.

I am going to assume it behaves this way on purpose in the sandbox to prevent legitmate card numbers from being used in non-production environments.

It's happening in production environment, now

If you are seeing this happen I would open up a bug report with any logs or examples that you can provide.

Matt Eaton
DTS Engineering, CoreOS
meaton3@apple.com