In app purchase problem during the review

Hi, I'm having a problem during the review. it is the third time that it has been rejected. When I try to make a in app purchase during beta testing everything is fine. Instead when apple tries to make the in app purchase during the review, the SKProductRequest returns 0 items.
Does anyone know how to fix it?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Pier

Replies

>it is the third time that it has been rejected.

Show the latest rejection and any replies you've given back, thanks.

There are very few differences between the way App Review tests IAPs and your tests in the sandbox. (They also use the sandbox.)

Check your bank contracts to be sure they are signed - that's one difference.

FYI - You will find that nothing will work in the production environment because the IAP is not there prior to approval and for an additional 24 hours. As I indicated above, App Review tests in the sandbox. You can try TestFlight testing - it tests in the sandbox.

Do you manage to get a resolution to this ? I'm having the same issue. Works fine in dev & TestFlight, but app review complain IAP not working due to SKProductRequest returning 0.

> I'm having the same issue. Works fine in dev & TestFlight, but app review complain IAP not working due to SKProductRequest returning 0.

I also have this issue. Kind of happy to know I am not the only one. Was already going insane because I can not reproduce the issue and getting rejected for the 2nd time by Apple because of this.

I could fix the issue now! I did two things but unfortunately can not tell which one actually solved the problem:

* I learned that Apple introduced some new contact information requirements silently in App Store Connect "Payment / Tax / Banking" section. I added all the required information until everything looked green again.

* I submitted a new build compiled with Xcode 11.1 GM.

So hopefully this will help you too.

I am having the same issue with a new application. the subscription options are empty. The screenshot that the apple reviewer attaches the ui picker is empty so no subscription options are being loaded. They are testing on an iPad 5 with iOS 13.3. I have tested on my iPad 5 and the options load correctly among other devices and simulators. On simulators for iPad sometimes they don't load with the decode object error. So you have to shut down xCode and restart then they load fine.

I have verified that my payment / tax / banking information is correct and they say status active. I even added an alert when the SKProductRequest failed, however the review didn't mention that so I am wondering if the SKProduct Request is NOT failing but just returning zero items.

Any suggestions are welcomed. I did request more information regarding the rejections so maybe they will give me more details.

Thanks.

MikeBrown75 did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the same issue... My tax/banking stuff is correct and active, My IAP works just fine when I test it, and when any beta testers test it, I tried a "sandbox" tester account and it worked fine too, but when Apple reviewers test it the IAP isn't loading and i'm getting that same SKProduct returning 0 error.

Hi cthr1981,

Last year an issue with the Apple Review network was uncovered that caused the issue you're describing when apps were reviewed. See https://twitter.com/JPEGuin/status/1174217758604705792.

I've seen nothing suggesting this issue was properly fixed, and have seen more people describing similar issues in the past few months. The best 'solution' seems to be "keep re-submitting".

May I ask if you're still experiencing the issue? We have been for the past fortnight.

Best,

Patrick

I have just submitted this post https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/654583.

I just checked my Agreements, Tax and banking in App Store Connect and found that the contact info needed updating. I'll resubmit my app for review and see what happens.

Dear All,

My App is rejected 3 times in a row, and review team feedback is like below-

"Guideline 2.1 - Performance - App Completeness
Your app crashed on iPad running iOS 13.5.1 on WiFi when we:
Tap to buy the subscription. After the the message that the purchase was successful, the app crashes."

I have verified that my payment / tax / banking information is correct and they say status active.My IAP works just fine when I test it, and I tried a "sandbox" tester account and it worked fine.

Please help .. if anyone got solution to resolve it.

Exactly the same problem than ipiyushjbaranwal , any solution would be appreciated
I have the same issue and noticed that my In-app purchase is still "in review". I assumed that app approval and in-app purchase approval was the same integrated process, but if not, then that could explain it.

If so, the team reviewing my app are testing on a separate Sandbox environment without access to my "sandbox purchase". They also can't get any real purchases, because the other team haven't approved it yet, and they are therefore getting nothing back.

I'm just guessing here obviously, but I've suggested this explanation to the reviewers, so hopefully they can confirm one way or the other.

Exactly same issue started to happen to me. Was working fine previously. Cannot replicate anyway.
Hello,

I am getting the same rejected App Review. I am not sure about the error but in Testflight and sandbox everything works well but always rejected by App Review. Did you find a solution ?