Installed Catalyst Beta 5 - Firefox is broken.

Updated to Beta 5 today. Killed FIrefox. Uninstalled Firefox completely, reinstalled. Now I get the opening Firefox screen (the new install screen) but as soon as I click on anything....it crashes.

Replies

Same here. Hopefully Mozilla is able to patch Firefox sooner than Apple releases beta 6...but it's doubtful they will do so for one beta OS.

Me too. not only firefox crash, Thunderbird also instant crash.

Me too. Tried Beta and Nightly versions also with no success. Current Tor is also broken.

It's a beta 5 bug (not a Firefox/Thunderbird issue).

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1570451

Just to chime in on this one, I am not only having an issue with FireFox, but also Chrome is an issue as well, that is doing the same exit after launching.

Catalina Ver: 19A526h

Firefox:

Version: 68.0.1

Obtained from: Identified Developer

Last Modified: 17/07/2019, 22:10

Signed by: Developer ID Application: Mozilla Corporation (43AQ936H96), Developer ID Certification Authority, Apple Root CA

Kind: 64-bit

Get Info String: Firefox 68.0.1

Google Chrome:

Version: 75.0.3770.142

Obtained from: Identified Developer

Last Modified: 13/07/2019, 00:25

Signed by: Developer ID Application: Google, Inc. (EQHXZ8M8AV), Developer ID Certification Authority, Apple Root CA

Kind: 64-bit

Get Info String: Google Chrome 75.0.3770.142, Copyright 2019 Google LLC. All rights reserved.

Have tried removing FireFox and re-downloading and re-installing to no avail.

Safari is working fine (obviously)... and not spotted anything else that is also a "non-runner"

Same here for Thunderbird (I don't have Firefox). I tried both the stable and the beta channel: both crash at lunch.

Same. Firefox and Firefox Nightly.

two weeks and still no fix, all my data and saved passwords for sites are on firefox so im unable to use my imac really and had to go back to my laptop and firefox sync

Mac OS Beta versions should not be used in production environments