Shared keychain (for SSO) & IPC for apps with different developer teams

Hey!

I was wondering if there is a way to implement the following scenario: a system of complementary applications that supports SSO in the following way - logging into a "manager" application would automatically log the user into the rest of the applications system (ease of access is critical).

Question 1: Is such a SSO scenario possible if the applications have a different developer team?

Question 2: Is it possible for the "manager" app to be the single one to send notifications, when being notified by the other applications when a certain event occurs (message received, etc.)?

Question 3: Is 100% reliability achievable provided both push notifications and web sockets are used?

I would highly appreciate answers to and ideas regarding any of these questions, but I am especially interested in the answer to Q1.

Thank you!

Replies

I was wondering if there is a way to implement the following scenario: a system of complementary applications that supports SSO in the following way

What platform are you targeting? And if this is for the Mac, are the apps in question sandboxed?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

I'm targeting the iOs platform

iOS does not allow unmediated communication between programs from different teams (the only exception here being via the network). Given that, building a cross-team SSO system is not feasible.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"