impersonation for os x.

So currently i'm working on an project in which i have to access different machines which is in (my machines) same network.

• Accessing different machines in my network allow me to see files on different machines.
  • My current task is to check for file which is present in my machines as well as in different machine & copy the file from other machine to my machine if the last modification date of file in other machine is lastest ( or higher) than my machine's file.
  • For this the files should be in same path as in my machine.
  • File should be present in both the machines.
  • To achieve this goal first i have to loop around the machines which are in my network.
  • In windows impersonation api's are there which allow us to fetch allow us to fetch other machine's details.

Is there such api or communication channel using which i can implement such task ?

Any load would be highly appreciable. 🙂

Replies

>impersonation

I think/hope you meant synchronization...

Once you've connected to the other macs via sharing, I'd use applescript to read files/permissions and sync folders accordingly. See the docs on both.

Just keep in mind that Apple already provides user-facing schemes for this, so you may be attempting a new wheel.