Latest Update 17J5540d wants to "Join my Home" by being authorized by a "Trusted iOS Device". What if I don't have a "Trusted iOS" device?

I just updated to 17J5540d and when on the Home screen I see a "1" in a red dot. I go to see what it is and it wants to be "Authorized" to "Join my Home". Well one problem, I don't have an iOS device. I have 3 Desktops and 2 Laptops that are macOS devices. Just never got around to getting an mobile Mac device.

Matter of fact I got rid of my last mobile phone in 2003 which was 3 three later than I should have. I have had car phones when they were almost nonexistant and one of the first Motorola Bricks and StarTacs. So I wanted and have enjoyed the privacy that not having a mobile phone has afforded me ever since. At one time I also had 37 eMail addresses. Wow, way too much.

Replies

How were you able to upgrade? Mine keeps saying no update available.

Have you tried to authorize it yet? There are times it will say that same message for me on my iPhone and when I go to authorize it, it actually still does show up on my Macbook. It should recognize any device currently signed in to the same Apple ID.