Certificate entitlements for Credential Extension

Hi evreybody,

I trying to find out if there is a way to use certificates installed via an MDM server from a credential extension (ASAuthorizationSingleSignOnProvider).

For VPN extension, that is possible by requesting the com.apple.managed.vpn.shared entitelment. Is there an equivalent entitelment for the newly introduced credential extension?

It would be strange for an extension supposed to provide SSO in an enterprise environment to not have this capabilitiy, but I could not find out by just reading the documentation.

Replies

Hi again,

I have been trying to find out about this in the past week but could not find anything useful. I even considered opening an TSI ticket, but this page states not to submit a TSI for beta software, and instead to use the forums.

It would be really helpful to get some sort of answer here so that we can decide how to continue. So, just to be clear what we are trying to do, would it be possible to access a client certificate pushed on the device by an MDM server from a Credential/Redirect Extension (introduced with iOS 13), the same way a VPN extension is able to do so via thanks to the com.apple.managed.vpn.shared entitelment?

Thank you in advance.

Any luck with this?