I have an existing iOS app with companion Watch app. With XCode 11, there are 2 options and I can't find explanation for these questions:
1. I assume the first option is my current setup. Will my companion Watch app be searchable like a standalone one on the Watch AppStore with this option?
2. Is there any advantage of re-writing my companion Watch app from scratch using the 2nd option? How can Apple tell that this standalone Watch app is related to my iOS app?
3. How do I publish a standalone Watch app on AppStoreConnect? I don't see a standalone Watch app option?
4. If I decide to rewrite, how do I go about doing this? Should I remove my companion Watch app from my iOS app, then publish a standalone Watch app?
I really appreciate if someone can point me to the right documentation. Thanks,
1. Yes, you're right.
2. I would personally not rush to write a watch only app. In addition, are you sure you will be able to do everything you need in the watch standalone app ?
3. AFAIK, this will not be available until XCode 11 is officially released (I assume in september)