`iOS App with Watch App` vs `Watch App` option in XCode 11

Hi all,

I have an existing iOS app with companion Watch app. With XCode 11, there are 2 options and I can't find explanation for these questions:

1. I assume the first option is my current setup. Will my companion Watch app be searchable like a standalone one on the Watch AppStore with this option?

2. Is there any advantage of re-writing my companion Watch app from scratch using the 2nd option? How can Apple tell that this standalone Watch app is related to my iOS app?

3. How do I publish a standalone Watch app on AppStoreConnect? I don't see a standalone Watch app option?

4. If I decide to rewrite, how do I go about doing this? Should I remove my companion Watch app from my iOS app, then publish a standalone Watch app?

I really appreciate if someone can point me to the right documentation. Thanks,

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of canhcutvl Down vote post of canhcutvl
2.5k views

Replies

1. Yes, you're right.

2. I would personally not rush to write a watch only app. In addition, are you sure you will be able to do everything you need in the watch standalone app ?

3. AFAIK, this will not be available until XCode 11 is officially released (I assume in september)