Sandbox APNS

Hi,

my sandbox SSL connection for push notifications does not work since last Wednesday. I use current SSL certificates with binary provider API. According to the system status page anything is fine.

Are there any known problems?

Could anybody still connect with binaray API to the sandbox APNS?

Thanks! Micha

Replies

We are having the same issue. Binary Provider API to Sandbox APNS doesn't seem to be working, starting last Wednesday also.

Same issue here: Sandbox APNS stopped working on Wednesday.

I have already contacted the Apple support but right now not any solution provided.

Ok, thanks for your response! Then we have to wait for Apple. Not the first time sandbox stopped working for days, it's a little bit frustrating. And I am surprised what the system status checks does ...

Now is working again here. It seems they just fixed the issue after 6 days.

The problem you have observed was very possibly due to your using TLS v1 to connect.

TLS 1.x (a 20 year old protocol) is unsafe, and has been deprecated for a while, and was finally disabled on our end.

It has been temporarily re-enabled now to minimize the impact on developers, but will be disabled again very soon.

If you are using TLS v1, you need to get off it ASAP for coninued use of APNs.

PS: there is no time frame I can give you for the permanent disabling. Our server team recommends everyone get off TLS v1 ASAP

The problem you have observed was very possibly due to your using TLS v1 to connect.

TLS 1.x (a 20 year old protocol) is unsafe, and has been deprecated for a while, and was finally disabled on our end.

It has been temporarily re-enabled now to minimize the impact on developers, but will be disabled again very soon.

If you are using TLS v1, you need to get off it ASAP for coninued use of APNs.

PS: there is no time frame I can give you for the permanent disabling. Our server team recommends everyone get off TLS v1 ASAP

Hi Gualtier, thank you for the answer.

I have two questions related to your feedback:

- TLS v1 will be disabled on production (not sandbox) APNS too?

- What is the new supported protocol? I tried with the other two protocols available on .NET v4 (Ssl2 and Ssl3) but both are NOT working

Answering to myself: it seems that TLS 1.2 is working, and I can force .NET 4.0 to use it even if not supported by using:

SslProtocols protocol = (SslProtocols)3072;

Ref: https://docs.microsoft.com/it-it/dotnet/api/system.security.authentication.sslprotocols?view=netframework-4.8

I think the problem surfaced itself again. I tested this morning and I haven't been getting any notifications. It ewas working jsut fine for me yesterday at around 5PM Eastern Time

My development has been halted by this as well. When running in XCode with a tethered device, the app delegate's registerForRemoteNotifications call never gets a didRegisterForRemoteNotificationsWithDeviceToken response. The code was working properly yesterday.

Sorry... I just discovered I was testing using a device with Notificatins turmed off... Totally my fault.

Once I turned on Notifications in the Settings app, I was able to proceed with testing.