MDM Blueprint Does Not Allow Camera Access

A customer using our app with a MDM server is having a problem whereby they can't use the camera due to permissions. In a normal "from AppStore" insatallation of the app the camera permissions for the app can be accessed from the settings menu and the app itself will also ask for the requisite permissions when it attempts to use the camera when the App is in use.

When the app, having been installed using DEP, is used it does not ask the user if they would like to allow the camera and just displays our message for when the user does not allow camera permissions. Looking in settings on the DEP device I do not see the usual settings item for our app.

In the configurator blueprint being used by the DEP program "Allow use of camera" is checked. Is there some sort of per app setting that I need to adjust here or something? The app is not given any restrictions. The app has been on the app store for around 3 years at this point (I realize it should it should be updated), is it possible that there is a deprecated API causing this problem?

Thanks

Replies

When you say one customer, does that mean one app, or one whole group?

Anything changed account level customer side that would require refreshing tokens, etc.?

What device, what iOS, which version Xcode was used to build the app?

Knowing that info would put the 'in the store for around 3 years' statement into better context, I think.

BTW, 'DEP program' is redundant 😉