Advice Needed Pls Guideline 2.3.1 - Performance

Hi All,

I am a very new developer. I have created an interactive choice story app. Its already on google and all seems to be fine. I have submitted the game to apple but the app has been rejected for the following reason and im really struggling to understand their reasons, please see the reason below

Guideline 2.3.1 - Performance

We discovered that your app contains hidden features. Attempting to hide features, functionality or content in your app is considered egregious behavior and can lead to removal from the Apple Developer Program.

Specifically, your app contains real money gambling functionality without the necessary licensing and permissions.

If you feel that we have misunderstood how your app functions and that your app is compliant with the App Store Review Guidelines, please reply to this message in Resolution Center to explain how this feature works.

The next submission of this app may require a longer review time, and this app will not be eligible for an expedited review until this issue is resolved.

Next Steps

- Review the Performance section of the App Store Review Guidelines.

- Ensure your app, as well as any third-party code and SDKs implemented in your app, are compliant with all sections of the App Store Review Guidelines and the Terms & Conditions of the Apple Developer Program.

- Revise or remove the hidden features from your app. Once your app is fully compliant, resubmit your app for review.

Submitting apps designed to mislead or harm customers or evade the review process may result in the termination of your Apple Developer Program account. Review the Terms & Conditions of the Apple Developer Program to learn more about our policies regarding termination.

I cant understand why they say there are hidden features in the app as there isnt, it says specifically that our app contains real money gambling functionality, however it doesnt, it is a simple story game that has various parts which require the player to choose a way the story goes, for example one of the choices in the story is where you go on holiday, the player makes their choice and the story continues from the choice they made. I really cant understand apples reasons for this and im unsure what i need to do next.

Can anyone advise me further please, id appreciate any help

thanks

john

Replies

I just cant understand how apple can say that my app contains "real money gambling functionality without the necessary licensing and permissions"

The only thing i can think of is in one part of the story, the main character (who is the player) runs a coffee shop and one of her friends helps her out with something, she gives him a coffee and her friend says "thanks how much do i owe you?" the player is then given 2 ways to respond to that, choice 1 is "Thats £6.20 please" or "Accept a kiss and forget payment". Could it be this that apple arent happy about because it mentions money in the story, its not exactly gambling functionality though is it. This is just a simple choice story with some nice backgrounds, characters, music and sound effects that is all it is.

>it is a simple story game

Can you talk more about the 'game' part of your story app? What mechanics are involved in winning/losing the game, etc.

Using any 3rd party tools/SDKs?

Can you share that app's meta data/app store Description?

Did you already reply in the Resolution Center? If so, what did you say?

I have the same problem as you, how do you solve it?

Was anyone able to solve this?