Sidecar Error -402

Selecting iPad from the Airplay drop-down or in Sidecar utility in System Preferences causes

"Unable to Connect to iPad. A miscellaneous error occurred (-402)" to occur.

iPad Pro running iPadOS 13 beta build 17A5534f.

Macbook Pro 2018 running macOS Catalina 10.15 build 19A487m.

Have tried while connected to the Wifi network and also connected via USB C with Wifi turned off on iPad.

Replies

The same problem with macbook pro 2017 (Catalina beta3) and ipad os 13

I have the lastest Beta 4's for both macos and ipados, still getting issue, reformatting my iPad now, will keep everyone posted.

Update: wiped my iPad completely, still same issue. The next thing would be so wipe my Macbook Pro 2018, but really rather not at this very moment with how hetic it is at work at moment.

Pleas let us know if anyone get's around this issue.

Hi, having the same issue too (Macbook air (latest) and Ipad pro 9.7', it used to work with previous versions of Ipad OS and Mac OS beta , so I guess this might be a bug, checking the console system.log i see this message everytime I click on connecting to my Ipad Pro

--> Jul 21 10:42:52 peignoirs-air com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.driverkit.AppleUserHIDEventDriver.dfrv1-(0x10022ef92)): Unknown key for Boolean: _NullBootstrapPort

Update : I fixed it after installing the latest beta built of macOS. Be sure you have the latest beta on both the iPad and macOS Hope this helps

I have same issue but didn't fixed this error with any solutions above.