coding a link in iOs app, xcode question

Hi Forum,

I'm a web developer so really don't know the answer to what I feel is a simple question.

My developers are making me social media iOs app and I'm curious the time required to link a profile name from one page of the app to their existing profile page? For a website this is a simple 'href' tag with userID variable and would take me under a minute to do.

I'm guessing this task shouldn't take much longer. Kinda wondering just in case my developers give me a hard time and want to charge too much.

Thanks,

Richard

Replies

It can be very simple, but that depends on the app archictecture.

link a profile name from one page of the app to their existing profile page

How is this profile page generated ? Is it a web page ? Is it a page you build from an internal data base ?

Without more information, hard to say.

You should ask them to explain what is the logic for this link and explain here. Or simply describe here the detailed spec you gave them.

Thanks Claude31,

The page is not a webpage. It's native iOs (for iPhone) and certainly parts of the page, like the persons username is comes from pulling it out of a database into the template. Then the goal is to click the username so that it takes the user to the details of the persons profile. The logic is straight forward why it's desireable to have... it's a faster way to get the users profle then having to go through the search section to find their username that way.

If that helps then great, if a specific question about how the app is built helps I could certainly find out.

Richard