Xcode 11 beta4: missing iOS13 simulators

Hi,

Today I cleaned up some old unused simulators on my Mac, by running "xcrun simctl delete unavailable" from Terminal. I also installed Xcode11 Beta 4. Now I don't know what caused what, but right now with Beta4, I don't have any iOS13 simulators showing up. When I list the available runtimes, iOS13 isn't part of it:

$ xcrun simctl list runtimes
== Runtimes ==
iOS 9.0 (9.0 - 13A344) - com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimRuntime.iOS-9-0 
iOS 10.3 (10.3.1 - 14E8301) - com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimRuntime.iOS-10-3 
iOS 11.0 (11.0.1 - 15A8401) - com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimRuntime.iOS-11-0 
iOS 12.2 (12.2 - 16E226) - com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimRuntime.iOS-12-2 
tvOS 12.2 (12.2 - 16L225) - com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimRuntime.tvOS-12-2 
watchOS 5.2 (5.2 - 16T224) - com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimRuntime.watchOS-5-2

When I used Xcode -> Devices & Simulators -> "Download more simulator runtimes", it doesn't show iOS13 in the list.

I've tried reinstalling Xcode11 Beta4. I've tried rebooting the Mac, after which opening Xcode11, it launched the "Installing Additional Components" prompt ... but it's still the same after it completed.

Anyone run into this before? Any thoughts as to what else I can try?

Replies

I had the same problem, I tried to fix it by creating new simulators. I don't know if this is a bug or this is how the new Xcode is working

Here what you can do to add a new simulator:

1. Go to "Add Additional Simulators" from Product -> Destination -> Add Additional Simulators ...
  2. Go to the "Simulators" panel, and from the left menu, click on the [+] icon at the bottom
  3. Now you can create a new simulator by choosing the device and the iOS version that suits your needs

im having the same issue. any fix?

Unfortunately, this doesn't work with the GM Seed if you want to test the 7th generation iPad (the 10.2" model). It's just not there in the list.

I've the same problem. Can't believe there's not a solution by now.

Same thing here, even in GM 2

Today public relase of Xcode Version 11.0 (11A420a)

impossible to add iOS12's Simulators.

You should try and restart your Mac. Then, start the simulator app. That helped at my place.

Agreed. Still not present. I'm beginning to think we are being forced to wait for iPadOS to drop. Infuriating. They want us to submit updates, but we actually can't because we have no way to test.

is anyone here actually able to use a simulator for the new 10.2-Inch iPad on Xcode 11? I am not. "iPad (6th generation)" is the newest I get.

I just see that the 7th gen iPad will be available with Xcode 11.1 GM seed ...

Correct. I just ran it up, and indeed it is there. At last!

You can download it from the member center. Just remember to keep is separate as you won't be able to submit builds from this beta version.

Test on 11.1 Seed

Build and submit from 11 GM.

Has anyone found a solution on how to get screenshots for iPad 12.9" 2Gen ? No more in simulator list, no way to find in download…